No 3G or 4G connection after the Android 4.3 update
baboles

My HTC one updated itself overnight to Android 4.3 & since the update I do not have a mobile data connection. All I get is a message that says my data is roaming & that it may incur significant charges? How do I get my mobile data connection back? Wifi is fine but 3G & 4G are unavailable.

0 Likes
Re: No 3G or 4G connection after the Android 4.3 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you back up and running baboles. After your phone did an update, have you tried resetting the device? If not please try http://vz.to/1fhAU6E then test your device. Keep us updated.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Re: No 3G or 4G connection after the Android 4.3 update
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

baboles wrote:

My HTC one updated itself overnight to Android 4.3 & since the update I do not have a mobile data connection. All I get is a message that says my data is roaming & that it may incur significant charges? How do I get my mobile data connection back? Wifi is fine but 3G & 4G are unavailable.

Double check the Settings >> Mobile data >> Preferred network - be sure it is set to LTE/CDMA mode.  When our HTC One updated, it defaulted to Global and we needed to reset it to LTE/CDMA mode.  Also check to insure that data roaming is set to OFF.  And you may try removing and reinserting the SIM card just to reset the data connection.

0 Likes