No 3G or 4G connection
ricax3040

Hey guys,

I need some help.  Since around 5:30pm yesterday, my Tbolt hasn't had a 3G or 4G connection.  I tried restarting the phone but it didn't fix the problem.

I tried shutting it off and pulling and re-seating the battery.  Turned on the phone and still no connection.

Next, I shut it off and pulled the battery, sim card, and SD card, then re-seated them all.  Turned on the phone and again, no 3G or 4G connection.  I had Juice Defender installed but I uninstalled it before I did this.

A similar problem happened to me about a month ago. I took it to a Verizon store and they swapped out the sim card.  Somehow, that fixed the problem.  Could the sim card be the issue again?

0 Likes
Re: No 3G or 4G connection
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The mobile data connection was enabled, correct?

Settings > wireless & networks > mobile network has a green checkbox next to it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ricax3040

Hi Ann154, yes, it's enabled.  I just tried disabling and re-enabling it but it didn't fix it.

I also tried turning Airplane Mode on and off but that didn't work either.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is weird that you are having issues reconnecting to the network after going through all those step. This is an area where you had signal before? No one else with Verizon is having problem?

What kind of network is your phone connecting to? Settings > about phone > signal info

Or you can download this application and access the phone information quickly.

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ricax3040

Yes, the connectivity issued happened at work and I have a good signal here.  But right now, I'm not getting a 3G or 4G connection anywhere.  I can't say about anyone else on Verizon though. 😃

For the network, the Mobile Network Type is CDMA -eHRPD.  Service state says "In Service".  Signal Strength is -83 dBm.

I can't access the Android Market page... I'm at work so I think the filter may be blocking it.

0 Likes
dhparker

My wife and I both have the same problem with out LG Revolutions.  Verizon blames the phones...I think it's the network.  We started having the problem when 4G was turned on in our area.

0 Likes
ricax3040

Well for me, I'm sure it's the phone.  Though my wife's phone doesn't have 4G (she has an iPhone 4), she's never lost a connection except when Verizon's network goes down.

I went to Verizon and the rep tried dialing *228 on my phone. That seemed to bring my connection back, as the 4G LTE symbol reappeared at the top of my screen.  But I couldn't check anything still.  Browser wasn't pulling up anything, other apps needing an active connection didn't detect one.  Then I noticed that the mobile connection checkbox that @Ann154 mentioned wouldn't stay checked.  I'd tap it and it would take nearly 30 seconds to connect. But as soon as I leave this screen and go back to it, the check mark disappeared and I'd have to do it all over again.

So I went back to the store and we did a factory reset.  Phone works fine now but I had to download all my apps again and change a bunch of settings.  If this happens again, I'm going to ask for a different phone.

Thanks for the input guys!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Try dialing ##778

Hit Call

Choose Edit Mode

Enter 6 zeros as the passcode and hit OK

Click on Mobile Settings

Click on REV A  If eHRPD is chosen, choose ENABLE instead

Click MENU to commit change and let the phone reboot.

NEVERMIND, should have read farther.

FYI you can not call *228 on a 4G device. You receive an error message

0 Likes