No 3G or 4G or internet connection at all..
sweetnsassy1318

So ever since the new update was installed, I am having nothing but problems with this phone. It seems to get worse after every update comes out. Shouldn't it be the opposite??? As of now, it does not tell me I have 3G or 4G at all. I cannot get access to my internet or email, and my apps aren't working right. For some reason the only place it works correctly is when I'm home. It somehow connects to Wifi even though I have it turned off. What is going on??? How come I have no connection to anything?? Help!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: No 3G or 4G or internet connection at all..
Wildman
Legend

There has been outages in a number of areas off and on in some areas and sounds like you may be in one of those ares....   Have you check settings and made sure the data connection isnt set to the disable state?

Pull down status menu and click quick link tab and make sure the Data Connection option is checked...  Now as for the wifi auto connection without turning on, updates usually activate the wifi and it stays off until it gets in range of a setup wifi access point and then it turns on and connect to the access point, you can resolve this but going to status menu and uncheck the wifi check box.

0 Likes
sweetnsassy1318

When I pull down the status menu, I clicked on Quick Settings. There is nothing called Data Connection. Mobile Network is the only thing checked on, but it's really not working. When I used to go into the "Wireless & Networks" in Settings, and would connect to the internet, it would say connected to internet when it was checked. Now it says "Use phone for data connection when Wi-Fi is unavailable." That's the only thing coming up no matter what I do. I've looked all over my phone, but I do not see anything called Data connection.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sorry I didnt check the menus exact words but Mobile Network is the correct option, do you see any 3G or 4G or even 1x located in the top status bar?  

As for the wifi did you go to Settings / Wireless and Networks / Uncheck Wifi option?  

Also have you checked to be sure the device isnt in airplane mode, press and hold power button and see if the popup menu says Airplane on or off?

0 Likes
sweetnsassy1318

It doesn't say 3G, 4G, or 1x on the top status bar. It just shows that I have 3 bars. Wifi is off and so is airplane mode. I just went home for lunch, and it immediately turned on. The weird part is I don't even have internet at my home, and there is no wifi to pick up anywhere near it.

0 Likes