Re: No 4G signal on Thunderbolt
StaggerLee

My 4G worked great until a week ago. Now, when I can get 4G, the phone will not transfer any data until if falls back to 3G. I can stand in the same spot where I amazed my co-workers and watch them get drowsy waiting on a simple web page to load. I called Verizon support twice and went through all of the steps to reset the phone with the network. No help. I understand from some of the Android web sites that this is a known problem as well as GPS not displaying the correct location. There is supposed to be a patch on the way. I am not a very happy owner right now.

0 Likes
kentman
Enthusiast - Level 3

4G in my area, but it does not work at my house.  The VZW announcement specifically called out my home area, but nothing.  Had the phone on over night, and the battery died because it was searching for 4G.  Hopefully, it will work at my office.  In that case, I will have to manually switch between wifi at home (faster than 3G) and 4G at work.  If that works, then I will be happy enough for now.  Time will tell.

0 Likes
kentman
Enthusiast - Level 3

4G does not work inside my office building either.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon seems to have 4G back on-line

0 Likes
digitalworthy

I tried resetting the HTC TBolt after not getting 4G signal and that has solved the problem so far.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I heard it is a void of a terms of conditions too do the switch in settings and there blocking switch apps.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Unlikely.  Verizon's sales numbers for the Thunderbolt and other 4G devices would be in the tank and return numbers would be through the roof without those apps.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I got warned it is not an acceptable way to trouble shoot so I was told not or else. As of April 29th since that was part of the reason it crashed.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Mine don't work because when doing the internet it was looking for other things while trying the internet and before the crash the setting was changed to 3g only. Now I still get lower 3g signal but it works. I don't have 4g but it still looks for it especially when powering it up losing 10 - 15 % sometimes.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Didn't I ment
0 Likes