No Audio! on recorded video!!! - Thunderbolt
clamarb

I have very little to no audio on my recorded videos. Seems to be either a rear mic problem or software issue has not enabled rear mic. Audio is fine when talking through front mic on phone calls. Volume levels at max settings. Anyone one else have this problem?

0 Likes
Re: No Audio! on recorded video!!! - Thunderbolt
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

This is a known issue.  It uses the regular phone mic and if the subject isn't close and really loud, you don't hear anything.

0 Likes
Chubby22
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is an HTC response:

I understand the importance of being able to playback your videos with superior sound. The concern you are experiencing is due to the Noise Cancellation software being enabled while the device is recording. Due to this, the sound that you hear is that from the microphone on the bottom of the device. You could try third party applications from the Android market. I do apologize for any inconvenience taht you may have experienced.

Almost sounds like there isn't going to be a solution... If that is the case, I just might return my phone...

0 Likes
Chubby22
Enthusiast - Level 2

In another forum someone sarcastically suggested using duct tape.. So, I covered the the bottom mic with my finger, and sound quality was improved... Hopefully this can get resolved with a software update...

0 Likes
Chubby22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded Vidiom from the market... This seems to work OK for now... Hopefully a software udate will eventually resolve issue..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Apparently HTC is aware of the problem.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-confirms-thunderbolt-camcorder-audio-problem-says-fix-coming

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
winmorgan

I'd like to say it's unbelievable that a company can do this and get away with it.  This $600 phone records no audio when you use the video camera.  None.  After spending over an hour searching online, I find that it's a "known" issue; i.e., a defect that HTC was aware of and went ahead and sent it to market figuring the poor schmucks who bought it would just have to spend hours trying to figure out what was wrong.  HTC now says they have no idea when a fix will be available, or, for that matter, IF a fix  will be available.  Can you imagine a car company doing this?  Here's your new Toyota and we've advertised the bejesus out of it and made it seem like it's so cool and you need it yesterday, and you'll pay top dollar for it, and...oh, by the way, now that you've bought it, the windshield wipers don't work.  It's a known issue, and, in the meantime, we suggest taking your time and money and installing an after-market, third-party windshield wiper assembly.  We regret any inconvenience.  THERE REALLY SHOULD BE CRIMINAL PENALTIES (i.e., prison time) FOR THIS SORT OF WILLFUL CONSUMER FRAUD.  THEY'RE SAYING THEY'RE SELLING SOMETHING THAT WORKS, IT DOESN'T WORK, THEY KNOW IT, AND THEY GO AHEAD AND SELL IT ANYWAY. I ALSO THINK THIS MAY VIOLATE MAIL FRAUD LAWS.  THIS COMPANY IS DISGUSTING AND PREDATORY.

0 Likes
jax09

I agree!! I got this phone 3 days after it came out. My husband researched it and of course everything said it did exactly what I wanted.  A huge part was for the video. If I wouldnt know it was going to have such shotty quality I wouldve gotten the iphone4.  Ive had a number of other issues with this, and when I went to exchange it, it was day 15 after my purchase so they wouldnt do anything except send me another thunderbolt.  They shouldve never put it out if our video cant work properly.  It is possible because other phone brands get it right. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The good news is that there's a leaked firmware floating around that fixes the issue and helps improve battery life.  Bad news is that it has this annoying problem of randomly rebooting in poor signal areas. 

0 Likes
winmorgan

Hi,

Thanks for that info.  Do you know where the leaked firmware can be found?  I'm in an area with good signal in general, so it would be worth the inconvenience of the occasional reboot.  I suppose if it is annoying enough the firmware could be uninstalled?  In any case, do you have a link to the firmware?

Thank you, Win

PJNC284 wrote:

The good news is that there's a leaked firmware floating around that fixes the issue and helps improve battery life.  Bad news is that it has this annoying problem of randomly rebooting in poor signal areas. 

0 Likes