No data service in areas?
KJancsics

I bought a Thunderbolt last weekend. First one they tried to give me didn't work - wouldn't let me input my gmail info into it and continually asked for the same info over and over. They gave me another one which works...but, it does have one major issue.  If I try to check my email, go to an app, text etc,  it tells me I am not connected to a mobile network and I need to turn on WiFi or my mobile network. All that will work is the phone. If this happened once in a while, I probably wouldn't care, but this happens at work. So the phone is useless pretty much useless. I've rebooted the system, turned all the settings on and off - everything I can think of without calling Verizon service (yet).

Has anyone had this problem or is it just my phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No data service in areas?
scottl21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Everybody nation wide is having this problem with the Thunderbold.  I went into the store last week to verify what I was reading online about this problem and the store confirmed the problem and said the only way to fix it is to do a factory reset.  I did this while in the store and it has been working ever since.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
scottl21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Everybody nation wide is having this problem with the Thunderbold.  I went into the store last week to verify what I was reading online about this problem and the store confirmed the problem and said the only way to fix it is to do a factory reset.  I did this while in the store and it has been working ever since.

0 Likes
dmruser
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had this problem a lot too.  Although at this moment it appears to be getting a network connection and I am way out in 3G land.  So should everybody do a factory reset, I wonder? 

0 Likes
KJancsics

Went to Verizon today and they said that they had turned off the 4g network a few weeks ago to fix something and people have had problems since. So they did a factory reset on my phone...I will see on Monday if I get a connection at work.

0 Likes
Android

I encountered no 4G service for several hours once, I think it was 4 days after I bought the T-bolt. Happened again one week later. The issue lasted only a few hours for me, but was quite inconvenient because I even had trouble getting a 4G signal. I am inclined to accept these interruptions as this is the first time an LTE smartphone is using VZ's LTE technology, and hopefully they are learning to fix some bugs and improve service quality. Their 4G data network must be improved to the uptime stats of their 3G data service in order to avoid becoming a target of rival carrier commercials (and the real frustration of we, the customers).  We customers have spent high prices on the Thunderbolt compared to similar HTC Androids offered by mobile service competetors, and I EXPECT Verizon to make optimizing the Thunderbolt with their network their first priority.

The current radio firmware drains 2 to 3 times the batery life on the Thunderbolt on LTE as it does when the Bolt is set to 3G only. Obviosly Verizon in in close colaboration with HTC NEEDS to come up with a creative and flexible paradigm to allow LTE to waste even less current to try to double the LTE battery life. All avenues and methods should be explored, as I have never gotten through a single 10 hours with the Tbolt on 4G with very light use, and as little as 4hrs on heavier use.

The Absolute number one priority for Verizon is to coninue to improve battery life in 4G, or the industry risks poor publicity for their LTE technology.

0 Likes