No email notifications on HTC One??
apriltrantham

I have not been getting email notifications on my HTC One for quite a while now. This was happening even before the lollipop update. I was hoping the update would fix the issue, but it didn't. I have the settings marked to show a notification in my status bar and to play a sound, but that only happens if I manually go into my email app and refresh. Is there any way to make it automatically show me when I get a new email? I have also changed the sync settings to refresh every 5 minutes, but that doesn't help either.

0 Likes
Re: No email notifications on HTC One??
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm assuming you haven't installed a 3rd party app for your e-mail and that you are just using the e-mail app already on the phone. If that's the case have you tried to delete your account from your phone and do the setup all over again? I would also delete the cache and data under the app as well; assuming it's a possibility.

0 Likes
apriltrantham

No third party app, and I have tried deleting and doing the setup all over again. Still no luck Smiley Sad

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried to change the sync schedule to push instead of 5 minutes? The more drastic thing to do is to restart your phone completely, but that would involve saving all your important data and then having to download all the apps again etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are receiving your email notifications, apriltrantham. I know that you aren't using a third party application for your email. Can you share the email domain you are having problems with, not your entire email address (Hotmail, Gmail, AOL, Yahoo).

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
apriltrantham

I use Hotmail.

Sent from my HTC One on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello apriltrantham,

Let's see if we can pinpoint the problem. Do you have any other email set up on your phone, or another email address? If you have another email address, please set it up on the device, and see if you get those messages automatically.

MichelleH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
apriltrantham

I tried my Gmail account, and I do not get those notifications or messages automatically either. I still had to manually refresh my mail.

0 Likes