No sound unless headphones attached and headphones icon will not go away.
RandyinWV

I have a really weird problem with my Rezound.  After a month of stellar performance, all of a sudden the headphone notification icon will not turn off but the headphones are not attached.  As a result, the phone appears to think that the headphones are still plugged in (when they are not) so I get no sound unless I use speakerphone. 

The weirdest part of this issue is that when I do plug headphones into the phone, it tries to call someone.  Anyone know how to fix this?

0 Likes
Re: No sound unless headphones attached and headphones icon will not go away.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like you are having issues with your headphone jack. Once you check to make sure nothing is stuck in there, if you are still having this problem, I would call for a replacement.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello RandywinWV!

We definitely don't want your phone to think it has a ghost headset plugged in! I will be more than happy to provide some suggestions!

Try leaving your headset plugged in and pull the battery out while the headset is in and the phone is off. Remove the headset and put everything back together.

Check if there's anything in the headset jack, such as debris. You can use canned air to clean the ports of your device, similar to a computer.  Please just be careful.

Try putting your phone in safe mode to see if it's an application causing the problem. You can follow these steps: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=48353

Keep us updated!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
RandyinWV

The issue resolved itself spontaneously (while a replacement was enroute).

<Personal information removed per the .>

No matter how slow you go, you are still outrunning the person on the couch

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes