No updates, no text messages, constant resets.
J_l_cox1120

Hello,

I have had this phone for 3 months now, and honestly, it has given me problems since day one. I originally thought maybe it was because I installed some games and other things on it, but after having problems for a while, I decided to Hard Reset the phone. I still was having problems, it would randomly reset for no reason at all, even during phone calls, right as I was sending a text, anything. I had only installed 2 things. Facebook and Candy Crush Sagas. Earlier today it started messing up WORSE then usual (not receiving text messages, nor phone calls), so I yet again, did a hard reset. I have not installed a single thing on the phone since then, and still I have nothing. No text messages are coming in, even if they are sent from a phone 5 feet away from me, or on the same account, no phone calls are coming through, and it still is resetting during calling. I tried to call the 1-800 number, and it reset 48 seconds into the call. Since I have had this phone, I also must mention, I have not had a single update available, and I check daily. And if I open the update and push the status key, all I get in response is 0's on everything. Can anyone please help me with this?

0 Likes
Re: No updates, no text messages, constant resets.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there J.I.cox1120.  The HTC Rhyme is a great device and I am sorry to hear that it is giving you troubles. I am confident that once we get it up and running you'll love the phone too.  Thanks for the information you provided, I absolutely do not want you to run through steps that you have already done.

A hard reset is the last step we usually recommend and I was hoping that would have fixed the issue. If it didn't we would have to look at replacement options. Is it still under warranty? Do you have insurance on the device? Is there any physical or water damage?

Please provide additional details so we can continue to assist.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes