Not able to transfer music from my pc to my Thunderbolt.
rancidkim

I am trying to figure out how to transfer music from my pc to my Thunderbolt.  Everytime I plug the phone into my computer, I go to disk drive and it is supposed to pop up with a removable disk on my pc.  It does not do this.  I don't know what to do from here.  Please help!!

0 Likes
Re: Not able to transfer music from my pc to my Thunderbolt.
Wildman
Legend

How long do you give it because it sometime takes a little bit before the "Removable Drive" shows in the computer directory..

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You could also try going to "my computer" and find the removable drive there.  It may just not be popping up on it's own.

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

You might want to make shore you are instaling the drivers. It shoudl automaticlay prompt you for this option if not you can go to HTC's web site and find them there as well. Not shore if you need to do this to make the phone discoverable with your PC (I beleve Windows 7 may requier it) I know with my phoen the forst time i pluged the phone in I DL the drivers and software that it prompted me to and i have never had a problem moving files from the Phone to the PC or the other way.

Good Luck and hope this helps

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

make sure you don't have usb debugging mode enabled under applications, development

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Elitist_Jerk wrote:

make sure you don't have usb debugging mode enabled under applications, development

Why would they need to disabe debugging?

DroidM wrote:

You might want to make shore you are instaling the drivers. It shoudl automaticlay prompt you for this option if not you can go to HTC's web site and find them there as well. Not shore if you need to do this to make the phone discoverable with your PC (I beleve Windows 7 may requier it) I know with my phoen the forst time i pluged the phone in I DL the drivers and software that it prompted me to and i have never had a problem moving files from the Phone to the PC or the other way.

Good Luck and hope this helps

These are stock drivers with windows so to use it as a Storage Device the drivers should install automatically;  Usually you just have to worry about drivers for HTC Sync mode..

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i'm still using xphome/sp1 & it installed drivers as soon as phone/modem was connected to usb.

op:

you are selecting mass storage on drop down notification i presume?

0 Likes
esmorris

You can try this method if the direct connection method is still not working or you want to save your usb cable  for something else like charging the battery only. This method uses a WiFi connection so I hope your computer is using Wifi to connect to the internet. Download "File Expert from Android Market. Download Filezilla from the internet. Install filezilla on your computer. Turn WiFi on in your Thunderbolt. Start  File Expert on your phone and start Filezilla on your computer. Set up the FTP connection through the File Expert menu. Log into FileZilla. Filezilla will then display the contents of you sd card in your phone. From that point it is a matter of drag and drop from the directory on your computer to the directory on your phone sd card. All of this is done wireless so you will never need a cable again for the task you are trying to do.

Here is a link to Filezilla on the internet.

http://filezilla-project.org/

Both programs are free and they work great for me.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am taking the OP silence meaning that the situation probally has been solved...

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

rancidkim wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to transfer music from my pc to my Thunderbolt.  Everytime I plug the phone into my computer, I go to disk drive and it is supposed to pop up with a removable disk on my pc.  It does not do this.  I don't know what to do from here.  Please help!!

Hi rancidkim,

Upon review of the options provided by our community (Thank you all!) I presume that one of those options resolved the issue and you are now able to transfer music from your pc to your Thunderbolt. Please confirm that this issue has been resolved and select the appropriate Accepted Solution for other forum members to benefit from your post.

Additionally, if the issue is not resolved, please let us know what you tried and what error messages you receive (if any) and the community as well as our Social Media Team will continue to provide troubleshooting options to assist you resolving the issue.

0 Likes