Not recieving texts
mjenki02

Since yesterday I have not been able to recieve texts. Everyone gets my texts however I cannot recieve their replies. I have had several different people, as well as from different carriers, try to text me. I have re-booted my phone several times as well as removed the battery. I have also cleared out all of the texts. Any ideas how to fix the problem?

0 Likes
Re: Not recieving texts
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Have you contacted tech support yet? There are a few known sms and mms issues with the t-blot and some issues have fixes. I have not had the issue your having but you might try calling VZW tech support @ 1-866-221-4096 to see if they can figure it out. Then please post if they did help. 

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving texts
Rugged_Ron

I am having similar problems.  People receive my text messages but the message does not show my phone number, it gives them the number (under "About Phone" then "Phone Identity") assigned as the "IMSI" number.  I am assuming this is some number assigned to Instant Messaging.  If they reply to this text nothing happens and I never get their message.  If they send me a text message from scratch to my phone number I get it.  It just doesn't work when they reply to my message.  It has something to do with not giving them your correct phone number in the text message.  I am still trying to get a resolution from Verizon.

0 Likes
Brisummer

I am also not recieving texts this only from certain websites like mlb.com and usanetwork.com... So I called customer service twice and was told it was mlb.com... the other day I tried to give some money to a redcross website and also unable to recieve response from them. I called mlb.com today and they told me it was a issue with my # because the guy at mlb.com was able to send himself a text message to sign up for the alerts... So I used another phone on a separate line and that one received the alert no problem... I don't know if it is a specific iphone issue, but vzw customer service or tech support told me today it was not a issue with my #... It has to be because every other phone with a different line works. I am so frustrated this has happened for 3 mths now.......I even went to the apple website and did everything they recommened and this also has not helped...   I don't know what else to do!!!!

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know you have tried a reboot on the phone, but have you pulled the SIM card?  If not, try that (being careful not to touch the contacts on the card). 

0 Likes