OTA update - download failed. How do I restart it???
daricec

For some reason, the download failed on my phone. Now when I try to check for the update, it says there are no new updates. However, the status says:

Source: Verizon Wireless

Name: 2.11.605.5

Code: 412

Is there a way to restart the download? My software info shows:

Android version 2.3.4

HTS Sense version: 2.1

Software number: 2.11.605.3

Suggestions? (Please don't say factory reset :smileysad:)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: OTA update - download failed. How do I restart it???
Indelibility
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems if you just give the device about 2-3 hours after the "Download Failed" message it'll let you download again.  I'm downloading the update right now...well, at least trying for the 3rd time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

daricec wrote:

For some reason, the download failed on my phone. Now when I try to check for the update, it says there are no new updates. However, the status says:

Source: Verizon Wireless

Name: 2.11.605.5

Code: 412

Is there a way to restart the download? My software info shows:

Android version 2.3.4

HTS Sense version: 2.1

Software number: 2.11.605.3

Suggestions? (Please don't say factory reset :smileysad:)

Did you power your phone off and restart. Wait for phone to settle and try again?

0 Likes
daricec

I tried restarting the phone.

Also powered off completely, took battery out, put it back in. Same issue.

I also tried clearing Download Manager cache but I don't think that's related (?).

0 Likes
Indelibility
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue.  Waited all this time for a fix, and my data cuts off half way through the download.  

0 Likes
daricec

isn't it wonderful how it can tell you the download failed but doesn't even give the option to restart it??

Worst case, I will factory reset this weekend but I really don't want to go through customizing my phone and reinstalling apps all over again. (sigh)

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Download failures usually happen in fringe areas. Too many lost packets of data causing the download failure.

Verizon only pushes there updates over the air 3G or 4G and not via a wireless connection.

Best thing to recommend is find a tower close by and try the download from there. (I know it sounds crazy)

If that does not work, either a mod will a suggestion or call cust service.

You can also toggle to a lower connection speed

Menu-Settings-Wireless & Networks-Mobile networks-Network mode and try CDMA Only. (This my only work if you are already in a 4G area. 3G will be CMDA already.)

Good luck,

0 Likes
pmkoul
Contributor - Level 1

same thing happened to me when I lost 3G connection then as soon as I got the 3G back I just manually tried to start it again and it worked

0 Likes
Indelibility
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems if you just give the device about 2-3 hours after the "Download Failed" message it'll let you download again.  I'm downloading the update right now...well, at least trying for the 3rd time.

0 Likes
daricec

The good news is - I waited until this morning and was able to download the entire update successfully. :smileyhappy:

The bad news is - my battery is too low to run the update (21%) and in my morning rush, I left my charger home. Doh!

Glad that it only took a some patience though and no factory reset. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
WhatMeWorry

Like you, my phone crashes every few hours when trying to update the firmware to 2.11.605.5 and requires battery removal to restore. 

I've been told by customer service that "this is a known problem and requires a master reset," which would have been great to know before I spent that last 4 days after activating the phone setting everything up.  Now I have to master reset which will send me back to square one.  Nice.

Unless, of course, anyone out there knows how to fix this "known problem" without a master reset???

0 Likes