Re: OTA update - download failed. How do I restart it???
B33
Legend

Accouple Suggestions To the OP an others!

1. Never do a Update without having a fully charged battery if you have to plug that [Please keep it clean - Thanks!] in while doing the update do it.  but NEVER EVER !!...Do an update on a Partial or low Battery.

2. If you can Get as close to a Tower as Possible if you know were your Towers are in you area go to Were your close to them a Parking lott is Ok. When i do OTA's on my phone's i go to this parking lott thats just a less than a half a mile away. i get a great signal an there is nothing that's in between my phone an the Tower. 

Since your getting those MSg's i would Go to your Local Corperate Store an have the Phone Flashed. It'll will take it back to New but it should allow you to get the update. An they might Do the update for the phone there in the store. B33   

0 Likes
Re: OTA update - download failed. How do I restart it???
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello happy community members,

This issue has been brought to our concern when attempting the software update. Although it has been reported, the workaround solution is a factory reset on the device. As always, prior to completing this reset, it's recommended to back up all sensitive data such as contacts and calendar entries. Below, I have provided a link on how to complete a factory reset on the HTC Thunderbolt.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=39075

After the reset is performed, the device would need to be re-setup for voice and data services. There is a brief tutorial that will walk through the process with you. If you have any additional questions or concern, don't hesitate to reply to this message or to that of another community member.

Thank you...

0 Likes