Old Micro SD card...putting those pictures onto the thunderbolt...how to?
ChelseaWehrly

I have a Micro sd card from my old cell phone, with pictures on it. I would like to put those pictures onto my thunderbolt. Can I pop out the Micro sd card that came from the thunderbolt, put mine in, save the pictures somehow to the phone, and then pop the thunderbolt's Micro SD card back? I don't want to mess this up...Any suggestions would be awesome!

Chelsea

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Old Micro SD card...putting those pictures onto the thunderbolt...how to?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
AZ, I think you are thinking about the internal storage available in the Dinc. There is no user internal storage available in the Tbolt.

To the OP, you will need to copy the pictures from the old sd card to a temporary folder on a PC. Then connect the Tbolt to the PC in mass storage/disk drive mode. With the computer's file explorer copy the pictures stored on the PC to a folder on the phone's SD card. I personally like to create a folder called My Personal Files and add sub-folders for my own personal content.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yes, but you will need a file manager app. i use astro (estrongs is good too). this allows you to open astro and view the sd card and phone directories. put the old sd in the tbolt, find the pics on the sd card (using astro), copy them to the phone's directory, and then put the new sd card back in. OR....a much easier way (in my opinion) would be to copy them fro the old sd card onto a pc and then mount the tbolt (with the new sd card in it) to the pc as an external disk drive and copy the pics from the pc to the new sd card inthe tbolt. this way, you also have them stored on a pc in case something goes wrong in the process.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
AZ, I think you are thinking about the internal storage available in the Dinc. There is no user internal storage available in the Tbolt.

To the OP, you will need to copy the pictures from the old sd card to a temporary folder on a PC. Then connect the Tbolt to the PC in mass storage/disk drive mode. With the computer's file explorer copy the pictures stored on the PC to a folder on the phone's SD card. I personally like to create a folder called My Personal Files and add sub-folders for my own personal content.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ChelseaWehrly

Okay Thank You Ann.

Now what about if i have a CD of photos and i want to put them onto my Tbolt?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

do the same thing with the cd that ann suggested. copy them from the cd to a folder on the pc.....then copy that folder the the sd card in the tbolt.

i had no idea there was no internal storage on the tbolt??? lol.....so can you do nothing without an sd card. i mean, if you take a pic without an sd card inserted, then there's no way to save it?

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
AZ, Now you understand why so many Tbolt owners were upset over the specs 8 mb of internal memory! The camera itself utilizes this internal non user accessible memory when capturing photos or movies.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i guess i still don't understand. i thought that everyone was upset because it only showed 2+ gigs of internal memory (instead of 8). you're saying that there is NO internal memory at all???? and without an sd card you can put nothing on it?

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
Only the operating system can utilize any of the 8mb and of that approx 2mb is available for device to utilize (camera is one such function. User can't do anything with that approx 2mb.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

pretty lame then, because even many of the "techie" sites were reviewing it and stating "32gb sd and 8gb internal for a total of 40gb's" when they would compare it to other devices. you would think that the cnet's, etc of the world would've at least caught that????

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
Now you see why some are very p'd off. So when some chastise for not doing enough research , just what and who is the purchaser to believe?
0 Likes