One issue with Gingerbread update - HELP
Foxy

So I was automatically updated to Gingerbread last night (thanks for the choice Verizon!) and all is well so far except for one thing, which is kind of a big deal.  As soon as I make a call, the screen goes out.  So when I take the phoen away from my ear, the screen normally lights up so I can end the call, access my keypad etc.  That doesn't happen anymore!  The only way to get the screen to light up again when I'm on a call is the hit the Power button on top.

Is anyone else having this issue?  Please help if you have a solution for this. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: One issue with Gingerbread update - HELP
MikeSobe
Contributor - Level 1

HI Foxy,

I do not have this issue and I haven't heard of people having this issue.  Does this happen on every call, some calls?

0 Likes
Foxy
Most calls but not all. So frustrating. HTC wants me to do a factory reset but I'm hesitant.
0 Likes
MikeSobe
Contributor - Level 1

I know that after the first update the Thunderbolt received I noticed no improvement in GPS locking until I did a factory reset.  That convinced me that it actually does help in some circumstances.  Assuming your contacts are stored in GMail the biggest problem is you'll love your text messages if that matters to you.  I have done a few factory resets since then and it takes 5-10 min at most to get my phone back to how I had it.

0 Likes