Ongoing ISSUES WITH SENDING AND RECIEVING TEXT AND CALLS on and off.
minionseals

I have talked to numerous people at Verizon and this issue has yet to be resolved or fixed. I have been having trouble all month of August and This month of September still. I have a HTC THUNDERBOLT. I have never had an issue with this phone before nor the service here. I see that my area gets great service all around where I live. I also have a network extender in my house. mY issue is that intermitantly I won't be able to send or recieve text messages or recieve calls. I can make them though. It happens on and off and I have no warning of when it does. I have tried numerous battery pulls,factory restores,a new 4g sim card,a new network extender. I have tried with the extender on and with it off and I still get these issues always intermitnant on and off .dosesnt happen all the time but a good bit. I have even left the house when it has done this and went to town and everything would work fine again like nothing happen.Everywhere elses it works fine. Just not here at my house even outside,on and off it does this and I'm been very paitent,but I'm becoming aggervated and also feel like I'm getting the run around on this issue. I am a disabled veteran and I need my phone to comunicate with Doctors,family,ect. It is the only phone I have and I live by myself away from my family and friends.Could someone please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Ongoing ISSUES WITH SENDING AND RECIEVING TEXT AND CALLS on and off.
Wildman
Legend

I had the same issue but the problem wasn't related to Verizons service, the problem ended up being a issue with the internet provider I had the extender hooked to...

Try going to speedtest.net and check your internet connection because the extender requires a 1 meg up and down connection to function correctly and at times the web service provider does not meet the systems needs. When this signal drops to low specific features won't work..

0 Likes
Re: Ongoing ISSUES WITH SENDING AND RECEIVING TEXT AND CALLS on and off.
minionseals

I have done that Im getting 25mbps and 5mpbs. I have great connection and have checked that site. I even configured my ports and have tried DMZ. Plus even when I turn the extender off the issue still remains. But thank you for the suggestion.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have noticed also that configuring DMZ or any network traffic control options seem to make connection worse....

I have a site that ping the networks connection that is originally used by the internet providers that usually differs greatly from speedtest.net but since I'm not a house and my remote connection isn't set to allow my device at this time I will have to check later of you don't get it resolved.

Another thing to consider is that since the Network Extender does not support 4g I have noticed it worked better with the 4g disabled on the device also.

0 Likes
minionseals

Thats not on now,plus I never had an issue before . Why does it cdo it with the network extender off even. Its a network issue here is what I was told even though I have good service in my area with or without the extender.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Good point.. I read it to fast and missed that it did it with extender off..

Just for testing have you tried reseating SIM card and also have you tried switching phone to home network only? This helped with my Droid X... Also I remember that if the SIM is removed from device for 3 or 4 minutes the device will update programming when card is put back in and turned back on maybe that may help..

0 Likes
minionseals2006

I have tried it all man,battery pulls,reformats,even a new sim card,made sure sim card is correct,ect,evn a new phone same issues.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
Well you got me stumped on this one..
0 Likes
minionseals2006

Thanks for trying to help me. I really appreciate it.

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

You said this only happens when you are at home. So my guess is that it's not VZW's service but soemthing else in your home causing the problem. Do you have a Wireles Network in the house and did you recently add a new Router for the Network. Do you have cordless phones in the house. Anything else that might be sending out a wireless signal of some sort. Are you using the Wi-Fi featuer on your T-Bolt if so try turning it off see if it helps. Also it coudl be interferiance from the house next door to you(Ther own wireless network Phones ect ect...) You siad this started hapening in Aug and this Month so Im asuming things worked fine befor that so you might want to backtrack and see what you might have added to the wireless Enviorment starting in Aug.  Just a thought but it sounds liek somthing is preventing your signal from geting out when your home, might want to see how far away from the house you have to go befor the problem goes away might help you pinpoint the problem better.

0 Likes