Only have 1x service.
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

The past 2 weeksmy phone keeps going into 1x service all the time. Can anyone help me fix this or tell me why it's doing it?

My screen broke not long after I got the phone, so I know if I call customer service they will just send a replacement. I don't want a replacement because I don't want to pay the 100 for a replacement b/c the screen is broke. 

Re: Only have 1x service.
B33
Legend

Hi Kyla well i can't tell you what to do but if you were relative of mine i would strongly suggest on getting a replacement because the screen is glass on your T-bolt an will cut you if run your finger just right over it. So it's your call on that  But as for it going to 1X they might be working on the Towers in your area.

Update:

Iooked on Verizons maps an it shows a good area of coverage for LTE so you should be ok there. so as i said you might need to return your phone for a New one especially since the screen is cracked

Here's a Link Kyla to your Area an you can see were LTE is by clicking were it says 4G an then hit enter an it will show you the Map.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLocatorController?requesttype=NEWREQUEST&zip=28115&city=M...

0 Likes
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

I said something to my husband and he said he has been having the same problem. Both were all of a sudden, so now I don't think it's my phone. 

And there is no LTE where I live. 

Called into Verizon, they said nothing is going on in my area. Could they be working on towers and CS not know?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

could possibly be the towers or network related.  To rule out a network issue, dial ##778# and hit call.  Choose edit mode, enter 000000 as the code.  Go to Modem Settings-Rev A and change the option to Enable. Hit OK, then hit the menu button and commit modifications.  Your phone will then reboot.  If you get 3G, something is up with Verizon's eHRPD network in your area. If it doesn't work, then you may have a tower or phone related issue.  Either way a call to CS is probably your next step.  To undo, the above process, repeat the same steps but change Rev-A to eHRPD, commit modifications and reboot.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Kyla click on the Link that i posted an it will show you coverage area it does show 4G in your area unless your in a spot just outside of it. But looking at the map you should be in it unless my eye are decieving Me.:smileywink:

0 Likes
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

I live right outside of it kinda on the line of Mooresville and the next tiny town over.. So half the time my phone is junk :smileysad: Even 3G sucks where I live. However 3G on my husbands Droid X rocks! So I'm thinking it's just the TB :smileysad: 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Good call Pj thanks for the info. B33

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

So your husband was also having issues?  I'm guessing that's a tower issue if he's having problems with a droid X which is only 3G.  Since you're on the edge, you may also want to change your phone to cdma only mode.  There are two methods, Settings-Wireless & Networks- Mobile Networks and change Network Mode to CDMA only or you can use LTE On Off from the market 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I understand Kyla Were if live were 15 miles from what Verizon calls there Extented LTE coverage area an its the berries not to be able to enjoy it yet unless i go toward that area.  Now as for my Droid X an my Dinc. they both get good service from our towers an the 3G.  

0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
Have either of you tried setting 3g to revision A enabled for 3g service?
0 Likes