Overall experiences with the ThunderBolt
ITJANE

I am a lucky (I say that for a reason) individual because I pay for the extended warranty plan with Verizon for my account.  I have had this phone for atleast 2 years now, and am now on replacement number 5.

Phone 1:

LCD died over time, would power on, lights would blink but no screen image.  Also the volume button on the outside would no longer work, replaced with....

REFURBED Phone 2:

Charger port died over time, would no longer allow for microUSB connector to power or recharge phone, replaced with...

REFURBED Phone 3:

Speaker at top of phone where you hear the calling party answer (with your head to the phone) no longer worked, BT/Speakermode and wired headset work, but you can't hear the person talk to you in regular use of the phone, replaced with...

REFURBED Phone 4:

Phone arrived with damaged microUSB slot in the box from Verizon, so this phone is actually in worse condition than Phone 3 which I still have since it hasn't been replaced successfully yet.

now moving to REFURBED Phone 5 and they are suggesting a different model for me to try.

I do love the phone, model/brand but I can't stand that I continue to have so many problems with the REFURB phones and having to save/move/and set up my phone almost every 6 months or less.

Hope someone else's mileage is better.

0 Likes
Re: Overall experiences with the ThunderBolt
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the original Tbolt I purchased April 2011. It is deactivated now, but still works. I have been debating giving it to another family to replace their phone which is starting to have some issues with storage space.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Overall experiences with the ThunderBolt
ITJANE

TBH Ann, I didn't suffer some of the other issues that people had (shutting off) and there are others I did have (issues with extended battery and how it really diminished quickly over time) and having to move to the original battery again.  Never had issues with the OS upgrades.

0 Likes