Performance hurt after lollipop update!
GmanDSP

My HTC one was fine from day 1. Then comes Android Update 5.0.2 and now it takes 5-10 seconds to load a test message, don't plan on group messaging, that feature has a major bug. Each time someone replies, it goes to the last string you and that person had individually. So you have to close that, wait and reopen the group chat to see the new message. Repeat each time to see each persons response!!!!!

Battery , my battery has lost some life. Not as much as some people with this problem but it is noticeable.

Over all performance: about 50% of previous. Is there a way to look into the process of the phone and see how the RAM and processors are being allocated at the given moment to see if in reality all the resources are being used up?

Will a factory rest actually solve my problem? YES, that's the crappy IT persons response to adding a band-aid, no actual investigation into the problem.

If possible I would like a 5Why performed. with answers to the root cause of the performance issues after a major software update like this one.

Thanks, G-ManDSP

0 Likes
Re: Performance hurt after lollipop update!
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You should disable app data and app restore before doing a factory reset. Doing an update without doing a factory reset first usually ends in problems. You can still do the factory reset now though. It would be like trying to put Windows 8.1 on top of Windows 7 without removing Windows 7 first.

0 Likes