Phone Exchange
cowboys4life22

I just bought the Thunderbolt a couple days ago and I'm completely dissatisfied with the phone.  Can i exchange it for a different phone like the Razr?  What is the process of doing this at the store and what time frame do I have to take care of it?  I heard that this is an extended period to return/exchange a phone due to the holidays, cause I know it was 14 days, but now it has changed.  I realize that i would probably have to pay a restocking fee of $35.00 when returned, but want to know exactly what needs to be done to exchange it for different phone entirely.  Any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone Exchange
Alt77
Enthusiast - Level 3

You just take it back, they refund you the TBolt minus the restocking fee and charge you the Razr.

You don't do much, just make sure you have everything together that came with the phone in the first place. 

Return policy is 14 days unless you purchased the phone on or after the 15th.  A couple of days ago was the 15th so you're a toss up without the receipt..

"Purchases made between November 15 and December 28, 2011 may be returned or exchanged through January 15, 2012."

http://www.verizonwireless.com/ReturnPolicy.shtml

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Alt77
Enthusiast - Level 3

You just take it back, they refund you the TBolt minus the restocking fee and charge you the Razr.

You don't do much, just make sure you have everything together that came with the phone in the first place. 

Return policy is 14 days unless you purchased the phone on or after the 15th.  A couple of days ago was the 15th so you're a toss up without the receipt..

"Purchases made between November 15 and December 28, 2011 may be returned or exchanged through January 15, 2012."

http://www.verizonwireless.com/ReturnPolicy.shtml

0 Likes
cowboys4life22

I had another question about exchange.  If I purchased over the phone instead of in the store, would I have to send back my thunderbolt first before I could get the Razr as exchange or would they send me the Razr and have me send back the thunderbolt when the Razr arrives, so at least I have a cell phone until then.  Thanks again

0 Likes
Alt77
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you purchased on the phone you can call back and have them do the order, you keep your tbolt til you get the razr.

Or you can go to a corporate store and do the exchange, give them back the tbolt and walk out with the razr if it's in stock or wait for it to be delivered.  If it's on backorder customer service is the better option so you're not phoneless while you wait.  And just be super careful with the tbolt and don't run it over or something before the razr gets there.

0 Likes