Phone just shuts off
italianabambina

I could have anywhere from a 45-95% battery life and if I'm in an app for too long, my phone will just shut off. When I finally get it turn back on and it restarts, it comes back on saying I have like 2% battery left. My battery shouldn't go from 95% to 2% looking at Facebook.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Phone just shuts off
Hot_Ice_Hilda

I've been having the exact same problem ever since the fix for the ICS update. It's really upsetting because before the ICS update my Thunderbolt actually had about a 10 hr battery life, afterwards it went to about an hour and a half. And, after the second OTA, I'm lucky to get 30 minutes, even though the battery is full. My current strategy is to never be very far away from an outlet and always have my charger; keeping it on a charger seems to be the only way for me to use my phone now a days.

My guess: memory and unused processes aren't being cleaned up properly by the software latest OTA updates. Perhaps this is interfering with the software's ability to accurately determine how the battery is doing due to perceived load and strain.

Since the problem didn't exist before Verizon pushed the update, it seems that that is where the problem must be. So, we will most likely have to wait for Verizon to push another update and hope for the best.

0 Likes
chris_k1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, I thought my battery just went bad.  This is actually a phone issue?  If so, the fact that it wasn't fixed within a few days is absolutely disgusting.  The TB has been nothing but trouble. 

0 Likes
Sqeakie

I am having the same problem -- I ordered a new HTC battery.  I have already performed a Factory Restore and this has not helped any.  If battery doesn't help -- Smart Talk is looking real good.

0 Likes