Phone keeps turning off when not plugged in to charger
ghowatt10301

This has been getting progressively worse over the past month. When I use the phone and it is not plugged in it suddenly goes dead. Cannot get it started again without plugging it in. This usually happens when I am using an app, such as Maps, twitter, reading a news site, etc. When I plug it back in, it does a reboot. Sometimes after the reboot it will show that the battery is depleted, even if the phone was completely charged before it shut down. Since my phone is no longer under warranty, what options do I have. Or, can this be fixed?

0 Likes
Phone keeps turning off when not plugged in to charger
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried a different battery?

I have two OEM batteries for my Tbolt, I haven't had a similar problem.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Phone keeps turning off when not plugged in to charger
TheSiggo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue here...  Phone would shut off or restart when I tried to use it (unless plugged into the charger)... Battery would then show dead... Later reboot would show the phone with some battery after all... Phone would only be reliable if plugged in to a charger...  (to me that defeats the point of having a WIRELESS phone)

Called tech support... was told to remove battery and SIM card to "reset" phone... no help.

Next step was to remove recently added apps and any apps not being used anymore... no help.

Next step was to do a factory reset and lose everything off the phone (backup assistant crashed the phone too)... NO HELP...

Tech support is sending me a warranty replacement... 

0 Likes
longhorn31

My problem is similar - my phone just shuts down occasionally.  I can start it back up without a charger, and its fine. 

Tech support told me the same thing - remove battery and SIM card to reset the phone.  Did that, and haven't had the problem again.....we'll see.  I've already done two factory resets, and haven't downloaded all of my apps each time....to no advantage.

0 Likes
TheSiggo
Enthusiast - Level 3

The warranty replacement I received does the same thing as the original phone...

Also to note:  the refurbished phone I received is DIRTY and has a foreign substance in the earpiece speaker... It also has a greenish tint to the screen... 

I'm being sent another replacement phone overnight mail... I am SO UNHAPPY at this point...  I guess I'll wait to see what tomorrow's phone holds... 

0 Likes
TheSiggo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Today's phone still doesn't work either... NOW they are sending a battery replacement...

0 Likes
TheSiggo
Enthusiast - Level 3

REPLACING THE BATTERY fixed my problem completely...  Hope this helps someone else later on!

0 Likes