Phone turns itself on after I turn it off
djysrv1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My HTC Thunderbolt seems to have a mind of its own.  After turning it off for the night, I find in the morning the device has turned itself on.  I've actually watched the phone turn off all the way. The change from off to on appears to take place sometime after I've walked away thinking the phone is off.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to prevent it?

0 Likes
Re: Phone turns itself on after I turn it off
camaro01octane
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes i have this same problem, and nope yuo will get refurbished phone like me and it will do same (deleted inappropriate content as per VZW ToS) thing

Message was edited by: Verizon  Moderator (M)

0 Likes
djysrv1
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is why people get annoyed with Verizon. The forum moderator edited out language which violates ToS, >Post edited.

Moderator Comment: The moderators are here only to keep the site family friendly and insure the posts abide by the Terms of Service.

We are not Customer Service Reps or Techs nor do we pretend to be.

Customers should not expect immediate responses or any responses from Verizon Wireless Employees as this site is a Peer to Peer (Customer to Customer) forum.

If you require assistance, I suggest contacting CS by calling 800-922-0204 from another device or click on the CONTACT US button in the upper right hand corner of this page.<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's definitely unusual behavior for the advanced and reliable HTC Thunderbolt djysrv1! I recommend removing the battery and SIM card for starters. If the performance continues, please test the device in safe mode for a full day to rule out third party app conflict. http://tiny.cc/y6chmw

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
camaro01octane
Enthusiast - Level 3

relieable is one thing thunderbolt is not, i turned on my phone manytimes, even did a factor reset to still have problems with my phone, and to top it off i called  verizon and my phone dropped call after waiting 20 minutes. I called back and told second person my phone just dropped a call after waitign 20 minutes and this problem happens sometimes but barely, once again after verizon customer had my information it dropped again. Did i get a call back from the customer service person, NOPE after calling the 4th person and being 45 minutes later i finally got someone to call me back since i had to get a hair cut. I had to pay 450 bucks for a galaxys3 phone. SInce i am under alltels truely unlimited internet that verizon is trying to discontinue from alltel customers by pricing phones at outrageous prices. I most say i truely miss alltel they never did treat customers like this. They had very good customer service and when i had a problem with a motorola phone that alltel knew about they got customers a new style of phone,

sharonnnut
Enthusiast - Level 3

.. .. .. You guys are a real HOOT.. have you tried stand-up comedy??!  No seriously!

0 Likes
no_to_HTC

its interesting that all blogs about this issue are DISconnected! There are 1000s of people complaining.

i solved the shut down problem by turning OFF the "search for cell  service" feature on my thunderbolt.  so much for using the device for a  cell phone. this is the 4th phone i got from best buy. Verizon, HTC and  Best Buy ALL pretend that they have never had a complaint about this.  i'm done with all 3 companies!

This is definately an ICS issue no one will own up to it!

The problem with the device i haven't solved is that the device is froze while plugged into the charger.

0 Likes