Pop-Up Lag
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone experiencing some lag time with certain pop-ups?  For example,  I'll use the volume rocker to adust the level and, while I hear the "beep" as the volume adusts, the pop-up window appears maybe 10-15 seconds after I'm done. This is after the latest GB update.

0 Likes
Re: Pop-Up Lag
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Do you have a case on the phone that could be contributing to the lag?

I have not personally noticed any lag with the pop-ups.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

I do have a Seidio case, but I know that's not causing the problem.  I can actually hear the volume "beeps" get louder/softer as I change the volume.  Then, maybe a minute later as I continue on to something else, the volume screen pops up!  Strange...

0 Likes
dcsphoto
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been getting the exact same thing, but randomly.    I've noticed a lot I never see those pop-ups.

Earlier today I went into the browser and I got about 15 of then one after the other.  Some were for volume, mail sent, and some others.    It looks like it happens after the phone has been asleep for a while.

At first i thought it was my screebl app, since it happened with that active and didn't happen when disabled.  After leaving that off for a long time, the problem still came up.

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello TboltOwner,

I am certain we can find a solution for the lag you are experiencing as this is not a normal function after the Gingerbread update. You mentioned that this happens in different pop ups.  What are the other processes that you are running when this occurs?  We can try to determine if an app is causing the lag throughout the phone. Try running Safe Mode, as this will allow the phone to run in its most basic state. If the lag stops then we will have to determine which app may be incompatible with Gingerbread. Also, you may want to clear the cache of some of the larger apps on your phone which will free up some memory on the phone.

Press Menu

Choose Settings

Choose Applications

Choose Manage Applications

Choose All

Search through the list and clear cache and or data on apps that you feel necessary. Keep in mind the history and progress of apps and games can be affected.  I would be glad to troubleshoot this further with you and come to a resolution. Please let me know if I can assist further.

0 Likes