Power Saver Mode
sb4663
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know why the Verizon Version of the HTC ONE doesn't have a Power Saver Mode (like the T-Mobile and AT&T variants)?

0 Likes
Re: Power Saver Mode
Klue
Master - Level 1

According to a poster on Android Central, he called HTC questioning the absense of Power Saver Mode on the VZW version and the rep was suprised to hear it was missing. He went on to say that it must have been a VZW decision to disable the function.  My guess if VZW did disable the feature it was money driven.

GeorgeCT
Contributor - Level 2

Klue wrote:

According to a poster on Android Central, he called HTC questioning the absense of Power Saver Mode on the VZW version and the rep was suprised to hear it was missing. He went on to say that it must have been a VZW decision to disable the function.  My guess if VZW did disable the feature it was money driven.

Maybe this is how Verizon uses more of your data up.

Power Save Feature is said to (from HTC One web site)

Note: If Data connection is selected, HTC One automatically disconnects from the mobile network after 15 minutes when  the screen is off and the data connection is idle (no download  activity, streaming, or data usage). It reconnects and then disconnects  periodically when the data connection is idle to save battery power.

0 Likes
msg452
Enthusiast - Level 3

not sure why it's not there, I just noticed it this morning.

I used to use Juice Defender on my last phone, the Thunderbolt.  It helped a lot with power saving and data use control.

0 Likes