Prepaid HTC Rhyme Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot
eNco
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have spent two hours searching this site for information about how to activate the mobile hotspot on my new HTC Rhyme (prepaid).  Considering my monthly bill is not peanuts, I think it would nice if VZW would make this information available and easy to find. 

VZW, please reply.

Thank you.

P.S.  I noticed on this forum that prepaid customers are treated like ****.  STOP IT.  Just because we choose to pay our bills as we go to avoid those disgusting companies like TransUnion and Experian from sticking their noses in our business (i.e., NOT their business) does not mean we don't pay you people a good chuck of change for your service.  I've been a customer for years, paying on time, paying a lot, and paying for multiple devices.  So start treating all customers THE SAME.

>> profanity removed <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Prepaid HTC Rhyme Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think the prepaid plan smartphone plan allows for a mobile hotspot option.  Have you called the prepaid customer service line to ask?

Also you might get better responses from other prepaid customers in the space.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jeremy1129
Contributor - Level 2

Prepaid Services are not a bad way to go, i have one of my devices on Prepaid as well.

But backing up Ann154 on it, Mobile Hotspot feature is not compatible with Prepaid unfortunately.

0 Likes
eNco
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the replies.  Ironically, Verizon moved my post here FROM the prepaid section!  But answer it?  I guess that was too much trouble.  Maybe because I was annoyed at the tone of their posts to other prepaid customers on that part of the forum and said so.  Anyway, I'll try a phone call and see if there's been any change since you all tried it.  Thanks again.

0 Likes