Prevent OTA update
fangstar

How do I prevent the OTA update from Android v 2.3.4 to Android 4.0.1?

I'm developing apps and I don't want the phone to upgrade itself. How do I prevent the update from happening?

thanks

0 Likes
Re: Prevent OTA update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't prevent the update unless you do something that can't be discussed on this site because of the Terms of Service here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also I thought the HTC ReZound is on Jelly Bean for the latest OS version on that phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well you could do this Let the phone get the OTA but as i have done with my one of my Maxx's i haven't Downloaded it into the phone yet).  It ask's about every 12 hours and i Just Tap the Delay for another 12 hours if your Rezound has this pop Up Just tap and Delay it as did with mine but one thing when your doing this Make darn sure you hit the Delay or Other wise it will got to downloading into the Phone.. 

Hopefully your Resound has this Pop up to postpone the Delay.. b33

0 Likes
Billseagles

NO jelly for us......such a shame phone could handle but for reasons unknown will never see it....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Billseagles wrote:

NO jelly for us......such a shame phone could handle but for reasons unknown will never see it....

I'm truly sorry to hear that there isn't Jelly Bean update in the future for the HTC ReZound. Smiley Sad I too think that the phone is capable of handling that version of the OS.

0 Likes