Problem streaming audio on TuneIn & Radio.com apps
Camel78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi fellow HTC One owners,

I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem I am having when streaming certain stations on TuneIn app and on Radio.com app when connected on Verizon's mobile network (not WiFi).

With TuneIn, certain stations (like WCBS 880 News, WCBS-FM 101.1, WBZ 1030, and Sports Hub 98.5,) stop playing after several seconds when my phone screen is OFF. The audio gets interrupted and then has to buffer before resuming, usually after I turn the screen back on.

With the Radio.com app, the same thing happens except NO station seems to play without interruption problems when the screen is OFF. 

The problem doesn't happen when I'm connected via WiFi or when my phone is synced to a Bluetooth device. And it isn't a network issue since I have no other connectivity issues and all stations play just fine when the screen on my phone is ON. Plus on the TuneIn app, certain stations (like WNPR) play just fine regardless of the screen being ON or OFF.

I have the latest version of Android 4.3 install and both apps are up to date. The problems seems to be with the phone somehow killing the audio when it enters sleep mode with these particular stations that, coincidentally or not, are all affiliated with CBS Radio.

If you are reading this post, do you think you could test this out on your end and let me know if you have any of the same issues with. I am very curious to find out if this just me having this problem or if is more widespread.

Thanks,

Skip

0 Likes