Problems with HTC Rhyme freezing up?
JLWil

Okay I have had this phone for a few months now, and all in all I have had no problems. It is my first Smart phone, so I really did not know what to expect. Well, about a week ago, I heard my phone chime off (chime sounds when it goes off). Was at work and busy so I ignored this until I left work. I tried to get the phone to turn back on and it wouldn't at first. THEN I got it to come on but it would just display a black screen with the top icons showing only. So, I pull off and open the back thinking I could pull out the battery. No such luck....the battery is not removable! Really frusterated at this point. I get home and call Verizon tech support. We talk for about an hour, when they decide to send me a replacement. At about the time the order is placed, my phone starts to work again! Long story, short...I kept my phone. Well, now it has done the spontaneous turn off twice, and today I had it freeze on me again! I drove over to the Verizon Store, talked to a very nice guy named Chris, and explained what was happening. He takes my phone...holds the on/off button down and simultaneousluy presses the down volumn selector  and the phone comes back! What Tech Support did not tell me was that when this is done, it is just like a reboot for the phone. However, Chris did say that if I had problems such as this again, they would send it back and get me another phone.

ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS ISSUE? If so, try to hold the on/off switch down and press the down volumn at the same time to see if that helps!!

I would like to hear if this is a problem wiht anyone else and if so, it is a KNOWN problem with Verizon regarding these HTC RHYMES?

jlw in tx

<Moved from to for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Problems with HTC Rhyme freezing up?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would help if you put this in the HTC Rhyme space.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TrunickJL

JLWill:

Thanks for posting this.  The whole freezing/turning off thing happened to me for the 2nd time last night.  I was in camera mode when it froze, then after several minutes it went black with just the menu button lit white.  Then it went dead.  The first time this happened it came back on it's own.  This time, nothing.  I was getting ready this morning to drive up to the store which is about 35 miles away when I decided to check the website.  The two button trick worked and I'm back in business.  I'll still probably take mine in since it's the only phone I have but, at least I don't have to make a special trip. 

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
campbum

This is the second time this has happened to my phone.  It is very very frustrating.  I try to get it working again and the tech just pushes the on/off button and volume down and then it works.  i just wish they would replace my phone.

0 Likes
MYARTPALETTE

Oh my gosh, YES!!!! First time it happened to me I went into panic mode since I could not get the phone back on at all, I had some important text messages on my phone I couldn't lose, and I was home at night with no land line to my apartment. I was about to run back out, down to the Verizon store, when it came back on when getting in my car, after accidentally toggling the volume button at the same time as the on/off button. So with that, I thanked God and thought it was a fluke. But of course it did it again (and again, and again... get the picture?). After the second time of trying that toggle again and having it work (although not right away) I figured it out that it was a way to reset, much like the Verizon guy told you. Funny, I don't remember that in the booklet. I too had this as my first smartphone so I figured it was a learning curve. Overall, the phone has been great and best feature is it's amazing pictures but it does a lot of goofy things where I have to restart the phone on purpose. Very frustrating!

0 Likes