Problems with Ringtone for contacts?
kizzle53

Im having a problem with my ringtones for my contacts. Like a seperate ringtone for like a ringtone for my mother. I have set it to something I want when she calls but everytime she calls it plays my default ringtone I have set for the rest of my contacts. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Ringtone for contacts?
kizzle53

lol guess im the only one that is experiencing this.

0 Likes
04lund2025

I am having the same problem, so you are not alone.

0 Likes
dcsphoto
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not having that problem at all.    If I sent a different ringtone in their contact, that is the one that plays when the person calls.

0 Likes
kizzle53

04lund2025 wrote:

I am having the same problem, so you are not alone.

Ok good atleast someone else has experienced this problem... It played my default ringtone yesterday on someone I had set up and I went back in to contacts to see if it saved and right there it had the song I wanted for them but yet played the default ringtone so I reclicked it and redone it and then they called back like 4 times yesterday and it played their song 3 times then on the 4th it went back to default ringtone. So im alittle baffled on how to fix this issue. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Bird1e

You are not the only one having this problem. I was on the phone for 2 hours working on it with android support. It is caused by the preloaded text messaging program. Every time someone texts in for some reason the next call that comes through is always the default ringtone, even if you have a special ringtone assigned to that contact.

Unfortunately, you are not allowed to uninstall this texting program.The support person suggested that I upload handcent for my texting. I did do this, but can't figure out how to make this my default texting program. For now my texts come through both handcent and the preloaded text program simultaneously.  So, for now, I am still having the same problem with no way to check if handcent (or a third party app) will be a fix.

Actually, if someone could let me know how to make handcent my default text app, I would really appreciate it.

0 Likes
kizzle53

Bird1e wrote:

You are not the only one having this problem. I was on the phone for 2 hours working on it with android support. It is caused by the preloaded text messaging program. Every time someone texts in for some reason the next call that comes through is always the default ringtone, even if you have a special ringtone assigned to that contact.

Unfortunately, you are not allowed to uninstall this texting program.The support person suggested that I upload handcent for my texting. I did do this, but can't figure out how to make this my default texting program. For now my texts come through both handcent and the preloaded text program simultaneously.  So, for now, I am still having the same problem with no way to check if handcent (or a third party app) will be a fix.

Actually, if someone could let me know how to make handcent my default text app, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much I actually did a test with what you just said and It happend just the way you explained now I know, but not sure how to not make that your default messanging thing now. I too will download the handcent. Thank you again. hopefully they get a update to fix that problem cause Im kinda thinking of maybe returning it to get something else but really dont want to cause I like it alot but just a few problems just making me want to

0 Likes
Bird114

I'm about the same place for returning the phone. Love so many of its features, but I use txting heavily and I NEED the separate ring tones as I can't be checking to see who's calling while I am driving.

So.....anyone know how to make a third party app into your default app for txting?

0 Likes
DucksDroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is not a way to set default, but you can disable notification which will esentually do what you want.  Open the All Apps window.  Click on Messages.  Click the Menu button.  Click Settings.  Uncheck  Recieved notification box.

0 Likes
Bird1e

Went back to verizon. They set handcent as my default txt. Didn't fix the problem though.

0 Likes