Problems with TB!
skerfan2284

So, I am having some issues with my TB. Wondering if I should take it in. Here are my issues, tell me what you think.

1. Inside my house, my wife and I get extremely poor reception. Often times we can only receive and place calls in one room of the house. The same goes with text messages.

2. 3g/4g doesnt stay on constantly. There are times when my 3g/4g indicator isnt on. It is as if the connection to the mobile network has been turned off even though it was never manually turned off.

Please help!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems with TB!
Wildman
Legend

Your whole post screams weak reception in your area and there really isnt anything that I believe the store can do, I agree with skerfan2284 about considering a Network Extender to be able to get better connection at home...  Check it out at http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=gotoFemtocell

Also keep in mind that the network extender does not support the 4G (LTE) connections but works fine on 3G network...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

have you had verizon for a while (before the tbolt)? have you always had a poor signal? they do sell signal boosters that you can put in your home (if you make a big thing out of this and let them know it is totally unacceptable then you may get a discount on the unit). it sounds like it is just a case of very poor signal in your house. does it work fine everywhere else? 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Your whole post screams weak reception in your area and there really isnt anything that I believe the store can do, I agree with skerfan2284 about considering a Network Extender to be able to get better connection at home...  Check it out at http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=gotoFemtocell

Also keep in mind that the network extender does not support the 4G (LTE) connections but works fine on 3G network...

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Wildman wrote:

While the network extender does not support the 4G(LTE) network, your data speeds may be faster than 3G since you are utilizing your own broadband internet connection for access.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

rcschnoor wrote:

Wildman wrote:

While the network extender does not support the 4G(LTE) network, your data speeds may be faster than 3G since you are utilizing your own broadband internet connection for access.

That is true but I just figured I would point out that little fact so they wouldnt expect 4G to work while using it..

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It also assumes that you already have or have easy access to a standalone broadband solution which isn't always the case especially in areas where you're likely to have poor signal.

0 Likes