Qik AP for Video Chat
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok so sombudy sugested in this fourm Quik Video Chat Ap as an alternitive tio SKYP and stated that it worked with the FFC on the T-bolt. So after doing a little reserch and talking to my brother who has a G2 X with T-Mobile who has it and is running Android 2.2 on his phone I decided to give it a try. Well the results are not good. First off it's not east to find people you know on this Ap as ther is no way to serch for people by name you eather know there user name or you are out of luck. The Ap it's self ran nice enuf but the most anoying this was when i made a video Chat Call to my Brother and foun that My FFC wodl not work with it but his worked fine. Now you need to know that Qik is owned and developed buy SKYP so what bug me is why dose this Ap (And Skyp for that matter) work on his Android 2.2 running phone with the FFC but NOT on the T-bolt. This if anything proves that the problem is with SKYP and not with HTC or Verizon's delay with GB. Best I can tell there is no AP that workeds with the FFC out there for the T-Bolt but if anybudy knows of one (That can be found on the market and dose not requier Rooting) I woudl love to hear about it.

0 Likes
Re: Qik AP for Video Chat
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been using Qik on my Bolt with the FFC.  The contact list shows which of your friends are on Qik as well, presumably through backup assistant and sync.  I had to do a factory reset last night and then had to install Qik again this morning.  My contacts loaded fine and showed the Qik users with the camera icon next to the name.  It does take a minute to load them at first, but they do load.

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

kzerefos wrote:

I've been using Qik on my Bolt with the FFC.  The contact list shows which of your friends are on Qik as well, presumably through backup assistant and sync.  I had to do a factory reset last night and then had to install Qik again this morning.  My contacts loaded fine and showed the Qik users with the camera icon next to the name.  It does take a minute to load them at first, but they do load.

Dose it have to recognize the User Name on Qik for it to find them in your Contacts. Because for me It did not find anybudy including my brother who has an acount with Qik. Not shore what i was doing wrong with the FFC I was able to make the Video Call fine but when in conected it showed my RC and when I told it to flip to the FFC it woudl flash black and then show the BC. I did it several times with no luck is there something in the settings i need to do perhaps??

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey DroidM,

Do you still have Qik installed?  If so, go into video chat and change your contacts to video chat only.  This should show your Qikable (LOL) contacts.  Seems the contacts are linked by phone number rather than user name.  As I check each of mine, they are google linked and Qik linked.  Also, you can go into settings->accounts and sync->sync ur Qik video.  In regards to your FFC, I am checking on it right now.  Lets see if we can get your contacts loaded first ok...If you have to, you can uninstall and reinstall the app.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

kzerefos wrote:

Hey DroidM,

Do you still have Qik installed?  If so, go into video chat and change your contacts to video chat only.  This should show your Qikable (LOL) contacts.  Seems the contacts are linked by phone number rather than user name.  As I check each of mine, they are google linked and Qik linked.  Also, you can go into settings->accounts and sync->sync ur Qik video.  In regards to your FFC, I am checking on it right now.  Lets see if we can get your contacts loaded first ok...If you have to, you can uninstall and reinstall the app.

I Actualy uninstaled the Ap out of frustration with it but Ill re-instale it and try what you have sugested for the contacts to see if that makes a diference. It's osrta pointles with out the FFC working thou but one step at a time:smileyhappy: All of this woudl be som much easyer if they simply gave us the Update to GB (Wich su[posedly would make the FFC work with these Aps) or updated the Aps them selfs to work with the FFC (It's can't be that hard to do as it was working for SKYP befor the most recent firmware update) Truthfuly Id rather just DL SKYP and use that as most people I know now are using it and the few that are not are in the same boat as me they have a FFC and it will nto work with SKYP untill they get the GB update.

You have to start wondering are they holding back the GB update for all 4G phoens untill the BIONIC coems out?? It seesm that after the Droid 3 came out ther was a suden explosion of GB updates on the 3G line (minus almost every Moto Phoene because of the bugs with the Moto X GB Update) but you woudl think even with the Droid 3 out and runing GB the Droid 2 line woudl be ready for it's update considering there basicaly the same phone minus a few physical upgrades (At leats that I am aware of)

Ok Thats my minor rant on GB Yea I know we have all heard it befor and GB as nice as it woudl be to have is not going to bring a hole lot more to the phoene but it will bring soem things (FFC use among others)  so it makes you start to wionder.

0 Likes