Question:
MindyBL

I was just reading some of the blogs on the updates that are happening or will be happening on the thunderbolt and now I am wondering if this is what happened to my phone today. I had my phone turned off while at work and on my break I powered it up. The normal thunderbolt screen did not appear instead it  came up like a computer mode after a pc crash. I sat there watching part of it and it took about 5 min to finish and then it came to a whole new screen just like when i bought it...all my stuff was gone.. all the set ups were like just out of the factory! It then loaded my back ups from awhile back with phone # missing. all apps gone that I purchased... ect. What happened??

0 Likes
Re: Question:
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Hope nobody remote wiped your phone. Lol. Seriously though did you accidentally hit the restore button by mistake?

0 Likes
Re: Question:
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you MindyBL!

Wow that is so strange!  I am truly sorry this happened to you.  I know I would be wondering the same thing if this happened to me. 

When I think of our smartphones, I think of them as little computers.  Sometimes a computer will automatically go through a system update automcatically, even if we're not ready for it.

As far as I've experienced, I've had to manually tell me phone when I'm ready for the software to update.  You can tell if you're on the most current software version by following these steps:

Settings > About Phone > Software Version and base your current version to this number: 2.11.605.19 710RD; Base: 1.49.00.0406w_1 (8K), 0.01.79.0331w_1 (9K)  

If that is the current version, then I would have to agree that this may have been a previously (by accident) scheduled software update as you can post pone them. 

I know in general your photos will save to your SD Card and you can go to www.google.com/play > log in and install all of your previous applications.

If you need to view your previous call logs (no names, but dates/times/numbers) you can view your previous bills online.

I'm sorry once again that this happened, but I'm confident I provided some information that can help shed some light on what may have occured.

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes