ROM, Chip, and OS screen at boot
djysrv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Startled this AM when I pushed the power button to see read only memory, chip, bios, and OS data on a screen instead of the normal start up sequence. Instructions on the screen said use the volume level switch to move between commands. Options included reboot, fastboot, and power down. 

I chose the power down option which turned off the phone briefly and then it turned itself on again this time normally,. The phone is making calls, getting email, etc. s appears to be working ok.

Is this a "feature" of an overnight update or anything I should care about?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ROM, Chip, and OS screen at boot
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

You're OK :smileyhappy: Somehow your volume down buttom must have been depressed when you pressed the power button. That brings you to that screen, Highlighting "reboot" (by using the volume button(s) to move up or down) then depress the power botton to execute.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

sounds like you went into some sort of download mode

try the reboot

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

You're OK :smileyhappy: Somehow your volume down buttom must have been depressed when you pressed the power button. That brings you to that screen, Highlighting "reboot" (by using the volume button(s) to move up or down) then depress the power botton to execute.

0 Likes