Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebooting/Restarting by itself
tbNtb

I received my TB on March 28th (still within my 14 day 'trial period') and I had a few issues. The sms issue where my sim # was being sent out, and also issues where no one was receiving my texts and I wasn't receiving them, three days in I also had to take my phone in because my phone suddenly didn't recognize my SD card anymore; turned out the card was corrupted, so instead of making me wait to have one mailed to me the manager just replaced it (they are $149.99!). I also noticed that my phone rebooted/restarted itself 3 times that I was aware of and when I called they wanted to do a factory reset (to handle the texting issues, too) yesterday, but I was upset because we'd done this already. The customer service person said they hadn't heard of these issue with the TB so I started reading from a forum I had pulled up on my computer to assure him that it wasn't just me. So he transferred me to a technician and the tech told me to go in the store and get a new phone, since I am still within my 14 days, because if it is rebooting itself, it is a hardware issue.  So if any of you are having this issue and you are still within your trial period, call and get a new phone to possibly avoid problems down the road. I know others thought Verizon was updating their phones without notice, but that isn't the case. So far, so good, but it hasn't been a full 24 hours with this new one. I really like this phone.  If I have any other issues by Monday, I may have to switch to the iPhone 4; that is the only other phone that interests me, now. :smileysad:  I can't go back to my BB Curve and wait it out...that's just torture.

0 Likes