Re: Rebooting after update
jboogie1289
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a **bleep** shame that we, as consumers, have to wait for a "fix" to fix the crap that they pushed out! That's unacceptable!! I let a crappy carrier for Big Red and this is the thanks I get? For being one of the 1st 4G LTE devices out and this is how we get treated? Granted that HTC is aware of the issue, I've read so many times that it's on Verizon to release the update and I'm unsure who to believe now. All I know is that I'm **bleep** that we can't get a "band-aid" for someone elses screw up and an OS update as well.

Let's get it Big Red!!!!!!

NR84
Enthusiast - Level 1

In what way is this post a solution to the problem?  If my response to bill inquiries from Verizon was "At this time we do not have a specific date that your payment will be available", would I still have service?

PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Went to Wilmington this past weekend and didn't have a reboot all weekend which was a first for that area.  Running the leaked "MR 2.5" radio and GB 2.3.4 so it looks like they're making progress.

TheMiz
Enthusiast - Level 3
Well I let my guard down and listened to someone at my local company store over the weekend and was told all the bugs have been ironed out and it was ok to download the latest firmwere
MISTAKE not only have I getting the reboots I have a hard time even getting a 3G signal mostly 1X
matta
Enthusiast - Level 1

And for the pleasure of having a phone reset itself all day every day we get to have our unlimited plan taken from us.  Thanks Verizon!

Tidbits
Legend
They are not. Stop spreading FUD. What they are taking away and which you agreed to is the unlimited tether which was advertised to expire May 16 which they have extended twice.
0 Likes
DTav
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually he's talking about Verizon getting rid of unlimited data for 29.99 a month. if you have it already you're grandfathered into it but anybody that wants to get a smartphone with unlimited data will no longer be able to get it. starting in july sometime.

sonicanatidae
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I'd like is the massively overpriced phone I bought from these clowns

to work as advertised, rather than as a blinking, reboot machine.

For the record, I am not rooted, hacked or running alternate firmware.

I specifically stayed stock because I use my phone a great deal and

want it to simply work.

Sadly, Verizon and HTC are either staffed with monkeys and other primates

or more likely, just doesn't care because there are no consequences when

your one of only 3 carriers nation-wide and have an effectively locked in user base.

Thanks Verizon for the reaming.. I appreciate the sand-paper condom.. nice touch..

PJNC284
Master - Level 2

sonicanatidae wrote:

I specifically stayed stock because I use my phone a great deal and

want it to simply work.

The irony in that statement it that a lot of the "custom" firmware is as stable if not even moreso than the factory firmware.

sonicanatidae
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed, but I violate my warranty on this very expensive phone when I do that.

I ran Cog on my AT&T Craptivate before I switched and bent over for VZW to bury their Big Red Shaft in me

edit: I love how the Mods marked this problem as "SOLVED!".

I guess solved = "We've heard you, now shutup and wait until we get around

to fixing what we broke on your very expensive phone. Also, thanks for your

regular payments, we appreciate your timeliness in paying us for services

we fail to deliver.. "