Recently started not receiving texts from one person - AT&T user, also HTC One
lax2122

I recently started not receiving texts from one person. He also has an HTC One (older model) but has AT&T as his provider. We were texting back and forth last Friday morning (11/8) and then he called me and ever since then I have not received a single text he has sent. He is receiving all of mine and we can receive phone calls back and forth, but his text messages are not coming through. We have both tried restarting our phones and I have also tried deleting him as a contact and recreating it however nothing works. I checked to make sure he was not blocked (which I knew wasn't the case since I could receive phone calls from him as well), and even tried turning the "block contact" on and back off. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. Right now we are using work arounds with google-talk and facebook messenger but it's very frustrated for me to not receive any of the texts that his phone is saying I am receiving.

It had started sporadically over the past few weeks where I would miss a text from him every once in awhile, but now I am receiving nothing. He is the only one that I am having this issue with as I have texted back and forth with multiple others the past few days with no issues.

Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Likes
Re: Recently started not receiving texts from one person - AT&T user, also HTC One
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greetings, lax2122! It is such an odd thing to see that you're not able to receive messages from a specific contact. I want very much to help! I see that he's with AT&T. Has he contacted his provider to get any feedback on what may be happening with the messages he sends to you? If so, what did they say? I also see that you've toggle blocking on your device. Have you also checked to see if this feature http://vz.to/MqEgqB may be active on your line? It's free of charge, so there would be no mention of it on your bills. Please let me know your thoughts on these questions so that I can help. Thanks!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Recently started not receiving texts from one person - AT&T user, also HTC One
lax2122

Hi,

I just checked to see if that feature was active on my line and it is not. Also, he has not contacted AT&T since he still receives my texts and on his phone it shows the texts sent to me as delivered, however I have not received any since last Friday morning, Nov. 8. We're still very confused by it, like I said, we were corresponding back and forth via text Friday morning, and then about an hour later he called me, which I answered and spoke with him and since then none of his texts have come through. His phone calls come through fine, but texts just never get delivered.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi lax2122,

We appreciate your dedication to resolving this issue. Having access to intended messages is definitely important. Has this individual spoken with his carrier to validate if an issue relates to their system? If this is the only party you cannot send/receive messages to/from, the issues would relate to their provider. Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
rangerboy1981

I am having the same issue and they have connected their provider and there is no issue on their end.

0 Likes
Missjazz25

I too have been having the same problem for a couple of weeks. Both AT&T users that I'm unable to connect with have iphones as do I, so I don't believe it is a phone issue. I was told that because AT&T no longer offers unlimited data, to even customers that were grandfathered in, their access to text messages, voicemails, facetime calls and phone calls stops, until next months data usage starts over.

Not sure if this is true, but It was a probable solution I was told.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Missjazz25 wrote:

... I was told that because AT&T no longer offers unlimited data, to even customers that were grandfathered in, their access to text messages, voicemails, facetime calls and phone calls stops, until next months data usage starts over.

Not sure if this is true, but It was a probable solution I was told.

This is going off topic from the original post (sort of) - but I'm pretty sure AT&T works like Verizon - your data and messages don't suddenly STOP, you just get charged overages if you continue to use the resources.  Though some parents I know would like for this to be the case....

0 Likes
Missjazz25

Well, then I'm going to say its a network issue with either verizon or AT&T. I do receive text messages from other AT&T users with no problem, which leads me to believe that the data issue with AT&T is somewhat true in that it may not stop, but its slowed because persons data use too high

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rangerboy1981, this is an odd coincidence. Let's look into this mystery! Do you have an iPhone or Android device? Which phone do you have? I recommend that you delete that contact in your phone book and try to send a test text message by entering the ten digit mobile number in the recipient field.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
d2denny

Hi!  I'm also having the same problem.  I have an iphone 5 & one person (who also has an iphone 5 but has AT&T as a provider).  We had been able to send & receive phone calls & texts until mid-November.  Now, we can both give & receive phone calls from each other and she receives my texts, however, I DON"T receive hers. In fact, if I'm in a group text message with her,  I don't receive any of the texts  that include her, even though I can give/receive texts individually from the others in the group message. The other two in the group message CAN receive both her texts & mine. This is so strange - I was left out of a whole thread of text messages & none of us knew it.  They thought they were including me (nothing bounced back) & I didn't know I wasn't receiving them. Since her texting works with both of the others, I'm concluding the problem must be with my phone.  Do I have an incorrect setting?  I'm not sure what could have happened.  PLEASE help! 

0 Likes