Re: Recently started not receiving texts from one person - AT&T user, also HTC One
hedb

This just started a week ago with only one contact.  Nothing was changed before this started.  He is on ATT droid, I have an iPhone.  He is NOT having any issues with any other contacts.  I can txt back and forth with another person on his same contract but he no longer recieves my txts.  I do get his.  We both have tried everything.  Deleting contact, deleting all messages in recent history, deleting all recent addresses, turning of iMessage, reboot, adding international dialing number.  NOTHING and this is very frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Recently started not receiving texts from one person - AT&T user, also HTC One
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello hedb!

I want you to be able to send and receive messages with everyone! Let's figure this out OK? First, let me ask you if the other party has contacted his carrier to see if there are any issues on his end?

Also, has he always had an Android handset or did he have an iPhone previously? Are you receiving his messages?

Please provide some additional information so I can assist you further.

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KatieSB

This just started happening to me also!  I briefly had an iPhone with ATT for a week and moved my contacts to the the iPhone but was very dissatisfied with their coverage so I reinstated my verizon account and went back to my old basic phone .  Now I can't get texts from one person on ATT ( my sister) but I can get texts from my mom who is also on ATT.  This is very frustrating.. I went for a week thinking my sister was mad at me! Turns out she was texting me back but I am not getting any of her texts.  She travels a lot and I need to be able to get her texts. why is this happening!! I am surprised it is happening with so many others also

0 Likes
hedb

I was incorrect about his provider.  He is using Metro PCS.  We were able to txt back and forth until 2 weeks ago. Now I still receive his texts but he cannot get any of mine.  I am able to txt with everyone else, including his wife who has same plan and phone.  He has never had an iphone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hedb,

Sorry it has not been a simple fix! As another party has that carrier that you can text without issue, we know it is not a carrier wide outage with their provider. Has he had issues with receiving texts from anyone else?

In your previous message you stated one of the troubleshooting steps was deleting contact. By this did you specifically mean he deleted you as a contact, you deleted him as a contact and you sent a text message to the 10 digit mobile number before either of you added the contact back and they still failed?

If you have already done that send me a direct message: http://vz.to/1v0uLEw . I can then take a look at it from the network side for you.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kaitlyn_manlove

Hey Brian,

I am having the same EXACT issue as hedb.

My boyfriend is a Verizon customer using an Android and I am an AT&T customer with an iPhone. On July 11th we noticed that he was inconsistently getting my text messages, but he was able to always get texts from everyone else. We are having no issues with our phone calls.

We have both deleted each other's contact info in our phones. We've turned our phones on/off again. He's reset all of his apps. I've even factory reset my phone, have talked to Apple support and AT&T support, and the problem continues to happen.

We're at our wits end! Do you have any suggestions for us?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this kaitlyn.manlove! Please have your boyfriend contact us by calling customer service or you can accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LadyKateofUSA

I am having this same problem...help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived LadyKateofUSA! Lets get your text messages flowing. When did this start for you? What Troubleshooting steps have you done? Any recent changes done that might of caused this?

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!