Replacement
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Received my first warranty replacement phone. Was not sent a sim card as I was told I could keep and use my current card. Instructions that came with the phone said to insert present card if one wasn't ordered and power on for activating my phone. All has been well until I logged in to my account and am prompted to activate my phone online. All info matched, went through the process and at the end it says my present sim will expire on 90 days. So call CS today and at first they say yeah that's right and then say no it looks okay and then say well if you get messages about just go get one. So.....anyone else have experience with replacements and using their current sim? Should I just ask for one to be sent or am I okay? If I have to get one its a two hour drive and when I got the replacement they assured me i could use the sim I had. Any insight is appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Replacement
markdoc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had many replacement phones since getting the Tbolt.  They've come both ways, with & w/o new sim cards. I would suggest getting a new card, just to play it safe. You don't want your phone to lock in 90 days & then have to drive the 2 hours  to get the new card.  Have them mail you a new card. It's not sweat to them, & it will save you lots of time & effort.

0 Likes
Re: Replacement
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Thank You so much markdoc for the reply.

0 Likes