Response time is extremely slow since update
smdavis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the update over the weekend, my phone takes such a long time to respond to a touch that I wonder if it has completely frozen up.  It's like this no matter what screen I am on or what tasks I am doing - all apps, pics, texts, etc...EVERYTHING IS SLOW!!! The signal suddenly drops when on calls and internet - 4G, 3G, wifi - they all just stop.  I have tried rebooting, have taken the battery & memory/SIM cards out - no improvement at all.  Is anyone else having these problems?? Any helpful hints??

0 Likes
Re: Response time is extremely slow since update
htc_why
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having similar problems.  I hope they work themselves out!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello smdavis,

I'm sorry to hear that your device is operating as slow as a turtle. Allow me to assist with making your device as fast as a cheetah. When it comes to software updates, often times a hard reset is needed to fully correct all issues. I recommend completing a hard reset on your device after backing up all desired information. Once this is completed, please let us know if you are still having issues, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

luverofpeanuts
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issues.  I thought I'd check the forums here before trying the hard reset.  It sounds like that is the next thing to try.   I use Google for everything, so hard resetting isn't too bad.

0 Likes
luverofpeanuts
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did a hard reset over lunch and response time is much snappier now.  Seemed to do the trick.

0 Likes
gary7673
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I do a hard reset?

0 Likes
Jeffrey_Fass

The TBolt should have never been given the OS update. It's an older phone and will struggle under the weight of the new OS.

0 Likes
gary7673
Enthusiast - Level 2

and a hard reset wipes out all my info and data on my current Tbolt....Verizon ploy to get us to buy new phones?????

0 Likes
luverofpeanuts
Enthusiast - Level 2

A hard reset isn't that bad.  I removed my SD card before doing it.  So lots of personal pictures and things like that all remain intact.  

A fresh start on reloading apps isn't always a bad thing either 😉  

It was less than 15 minutes to have it back functioning as a phone... then re-customizing began. 

I was seeing a number of apps not available to me since the TBolt was on the Gingerbread version of Android.  While the newer OS may be more heavyweight, hopefully there are some efficiencies too.  Time will tell 😉

0 Likes
Jeffrey_Fass

Yes. Push a hard-to-swallow update to the OS. Get the owners juiced with eye candy. The phone is bogged down so upgrade time.

The Verizon software guys would certainly have tested extensively on the phone models they were pushing to.

I would be surprised if the pushes are staggered according to plan expiration. Mine expires in several months. Anyone else?

0 Likes