Rezound global readiness
Comedie

A lot of talk on the perpetual wait for ICS. Personally, it is the promised ability to use the phone globally that I most want. Hopefully the two are one in the same update. 

The Rezound as it sits will work as a dumb phone for me under GSM, but SMS abilityis only half there, and I never did get data to work. I'm getting so tired of having to travel with another phone along, just to be able to plug in a local SIM and get full capability. I was promised this by Verizon by end of July when I bought my Rezound, so it should be real real soon, if promises are kept. If not, then I think I move on to something else and get my money back on a promise broken. Seems the Samsung S3 from Verizon is not going to be global. Razr Max is a possible I guess.

The runaround and foot dragging on the Rezound ICS and Global capability, however, has me thinking it may be best to put my needs into my own hands and simply buy an unsubsidized global phone and cut the contract cord.

0 Likes
Re: Rezound global readiness
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

RAZR has it, SGSIII is supposed to get it in a future update.

0 Likes
Comedie

Looks possible that both ICS and global capability start to OTA tomorrow, 7/29. Supposedly a 292MB update. At least that's the talk today.

0 Likes
cbud72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Check out Android Police, they have a good update on the possibility of the new update having global readiness added in it.

0 Likes
Comedie

got my ICS OTA today. Does not look like the global feature enablement is is there Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Comedie

Confirmed by VZ to me, global readiness is NOT in this ICS OTA. 'Late Summer' is the closest thing to a date given to me.

0 Likes