Rezound not turning on
shelleyharenski

My Rezound has done this twice now where it has frozen up, and I've had to remove the battery.  When I've replaced the battery, the power button at the top will do nothing.  I've had to plug it in for it to turn back on and function.  The battery was not drained either, and had at least 50% charge to it.  I have had my phone just under 1 year. 

Anyone else?  Should I bring it in under Warranty, as I don't have much time left for my one year mark?

0 Likes
Re: Rezound not turning on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Shelleyharenski,

That's not good! It's important to have a properly working device at all times. Let's get this fixed. Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device? Is the power button loose on the device? When did this issue start?  The device does come with a 1 year manufacturer warranty that would cover electronic malfunction not caused by liquid or physical damage. You can follow me and send me a Private Message with your number, and I can call you to discuss replacement options.

Thanks,
Pamela F.
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I would at least call tech support and see if they would be willing to exchange it.

0 Likes
bonbon418

I have the same problem!! I've been phone-less for almost a week!! My Rezound won't turn on. At first, it did turn on when it was plugged in but then after less than a minute it would turn off by itself. Now, it won't even turn on. I took it to the Verizon store and all they did was press the on button, took the battery out and back in. They told me that there's nothing that they can do since I was no longer under warranty and that I should just buy a new phone or activate an old phone.. It was a big waste of my time. You're lucky that you're still under warranty and probably can get a replacement.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bonbon418, what a coincidence! A week is a long time to be without a wireless phone. This is unfortunate. Did you subscribe to Wireless Phone Protection? http://vz.to/qMsRtb If not, then you also have the option of purchasing a Certified Pre Owned device, http://vz.to/UdOGMa I trust that one of these options will work for you.

Lasina_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
deadinside

Odd,

Mine powered off while I was using it, now it will not turn on or respond to the charger as well.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That happens with the Rezound, if you let it power all the way down, sometimes it can be very difficult to get the battery to charge.  Normally, when that has happened to me, I would take the back off, pull the battery and let it set for about 20 min.  Then, plug the phone in (with the battery still out) and replace the battery.  If the light doesn't come on within 15 seconds or so, unplug/replug it a few times, waiting each time to see if the light comes on, or maybe take the battery in and out a few times, again waiting to see if the light comes on.  If it does, you're in business (though you want to wait for a little bit before you try to turn the phone on).  Sometimes it will blink orange until it is ready to be powered up. 

If you can't, in any way get the light to come on, you may want to look at purchasing a new battery (pretty cheap on eBay, I got and extended with back for $27.50) or an external charger.

0 Likes
RezoundHound

Hi, I found a solution (worked for me).  I hope it helps you, too.

History:

One day, my phone wouldn't turn on.  I must have let it drain all the way.  I needed the phone!

I had been charging it for hours.  The little orange LED would not indicate that it was charging.

So, I re-seated the battery, didn't help.  I wiggled the connections, cleaned the contacts, didn't help.

I searched online for solutions, including this Verizon Community blog.  Nothing helped.

I suspected the battery was perhaps dead (not rechargeable) - so I got out my volt-ohm meter to check it.

It reported 3.87 VDC on the outside two contacts - battery good.

I suspected my charging cable so, using my volt-ohm meter, I touched the pins where the battery would connect.

It reported 4.5 VDC - charging cable good.  Huh?  How could everything be good but not working?

Solution:

So, I left the battery out, disconnected the charging cable and held the phone so I could see the front.

I connected the charging cable and noticed that the little orange LED, after a short delay, flashed on for

a couple of seconds, then turned off.  On a lark, I decided to try it again, but this time, I held the battery

so I could snap it in right when the little orange LED flashed on. I plugged in the charging cable and

held my breath.  When the little orange LED flashed on, I snapped in the battery, hoping it would stay

on.  But, the little orange LED flashed off (sigh).  But wait, the little orange LED flashed on again!

I carefully set it down.  I didn't touch it for an hour - the phone was charging! 

Long story short - my phone works again!

0 Likes