Re: Rezound resets after Google MAPS update
Tidbits
Legend

If you go to a "PREMIUM RETAILER" then they have repair centers. Those stores are completely different than corporate Verizon stores and are pretty much like 3rd party retailers as they have their own policies. Just because it says Verizon on the banner doesn't mean they are Verizon.

0 Likes
kelsybeetaylor

There's no way to keep the current update without it resetting. they still haven't fixed that problem. I just uninstalled the current update to maps and it's working just fine for me. other than that I've had no problem with ICS!

0 Likes
optic0n

Just got my Rezound in the mail yesterday. Updated the maps and yes, it reset on me. I rolled back the update and went to the older version and it works fine.

0 Likes
murf751

Thanks for the info optic0n

It's quie ironic and pathetic that the new version of maps is "editor's

pick"! Does the editor even have a Rezound? Lol

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you to the commity for your posts!

We have lifted this issue up, and it is currently being looked at. I appreciate your patience in the matter! Your software cannot be downgraded unless you use an unauthorized version and load that to the device. Keep in mind this would void your warranty. So I would not recommend going that route. Thank you again! Your feedback is always important to correcting any issue!

Katie H

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SueQ26
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have the same GPS problem after update. Very aggravating... Called verizon tech. Only option she said is to do factory reset, which I did NOT want to do... 1 hour later it is done. All REP kept saying was verizon has met thier obligation and it is a HTC problem! Turned on GPS , seems to work..she hangs up..  Spent HOURS reloading all my old info...Got up this morning and retried it and it shut down in 11 seconds AGAIN!!!  UGHHHH ... Such a waste of MANY hours.. Major headache now.   Tried what one user suggested... going to settings, apps, go to maps, clear cashe AND clear data.

put it back to before update  (which by the way the REP said could not be done)  restart phone....WORKS !!!!!!

Better than update and much better than getting lost in new city....

0 Likes
timwillin

Just discovered this today.  Uninstalled update, problem solved.  Don't use Maps much or at least not lately.  Actually discovered it in the Local app, then read this post.

Thanks!

0 Likes
murf751

Lol I swear they get a dollar every time they get us to do a factory

reset.. every problem gets the same advice.

I always need to figure out what is wrong before I'm gonna go and wipe my

phone completely. A few bugs from the big upgrade to ICS went away without

me resorting to such measures thank god, like the WiFi not working and a

few other things. Usually it just takes a clearing of the offending apps

data and wallah...

I too just went back to the Aug. 15 version and it works well. For some

reason though it's about .5 to 3 miles.off... It always worked very well

before. Forget using the Verizon auto WiFi app.. pff

0 Likes
Stevevo

go to this web site and download the 6.9 version and that took care of my problem. chrome://newtabhttp//www.iapktop.com/google-maps-6-9-0-build609001403.html

go in and turn of auto updates and then scan the QR code and it will download to your phone and just install. It works fine for me and no reboots yet. Good Luck

0 Likes
Stevevo

QR Code For Google Maps 6.9.0 Build609001403 Here is the QR code. Sorry about the website above.

0 Likes