Re: Rezound's ICS Update is EMBARRASSING
Drakuli
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm feeling like it is because facebook is adjusting their site again. The facebook app took over my phone without my knowledge. I had to go into it and disable all updates and auto refresh rates that were not there before. I basically only use it for contacts.

0 Likes
tamole
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am also having problems since the ICS update. The phone worked fine before.

My issues:

• Random audio skipping when connected to a Bluetooth speaker/headset
  • Wifi turns off on it's own
  • Slow browser
  • Apps freezing (that never had problems before)

This is my second phone. I will not trade it in for a Motorola phone. My Droid X was the buggiest phone I've ever owned.

Sigh. Why can't things just work properly?

0 Likes
illpacin0

tamole wrote:

Why can't things just work properly?

Because OEMs like HTC put their own custom UI on top of Android, like HTC's Sense. Instead of just updating ICS to work with the device's hardware, the OS update takes longer to get to devices because it has to work with their UI and their UI has to work with it.

This is the root of hellish delays in updates. This is the root of bug-laden updates like this one. This is why I'm only buying Nexus devices from now on. A Nexus device is essentially one with "stock" Android, and thus gets updates effectively and quickly from Google.

0 Likes
ToughSkinDotNet

It is rediculous to have a smartphone and  have the ability to port the operating system of your choice but to void protection plans and warranties by gaining (edited content on this post to comply with) access. The open source OS choices have always attracted me but the terms and conditions for my phone to be 'legit' completely (edited content). When you have to wait on a carrier you pay an exorbitant amount to, monthly, for MAYBE updates which end up being butchered by the time the OTA is pushed it's takes all of the fun out of it!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
peakcomp

I as well have downloaded and updated to  the long awaited ICS update.  I have had the SIM card not installed error, and it seems less battery life! 

0 Likes
peakcomp

I as well have had the browser screen becoming choppy and then just white!  But, interestingly enough..I am not using the Stock Browser  - I am using the Dolphin Browser! 

I also have been having network connectivity issues.  Especially when I am locked onto 3g only.  It has what I like to refer to as "brain farts" where the phone just seems to upload only, but won't download..so, I have to refresh the page 100 times before it wakes up and continues browsing! 

I have heard rumors that there is an authentication issue that VZW isn't acknowledging - one method with 3g and another different method with 4g and they often conflict thus causing the random drop of connection to the network!  It becomes frustrating!  I have had them send me a new SIM and battery cover (for the antenna)...and it improved it a bit..but it may be the placebo effect as well...

The ICS update is crap.  100% crap.  Long awaited and no improvements.  blah

K

0 Likes
Drakuli
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been on Wi-fi a majority of the time. That does however seem to lag up a tad from time to time. I am fairy secure in saying it is not my internet.

I have no 4g in this area. I didn't really get the phone for 4g properties. As the days go by and depending on when I am home or not it seems that issues sort of come and go depending on what I am trying to do with the phone.

I never noticed any real issues before now.

0 Likes
betthisisnottaken
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got a replacement RAZR today. It has ICS update installed. Will not work

with my Apple WiFi router either.

Guess it's time for a new router (not Apple) or an iPhone. Sad...but true,

nothing more to say.

If anyone does have an Apple router do NOT do the ICS on it phone until

they do the update to the update.

Good luck to all !!!

0 Likes
Drakuli
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd like to add something that has been occurring lately that did not happen before now.

Messages on my phone wont load. It will tell me when I have new messages, I can see all messages and the small bits of the message. However, most messages just won't load up. I will push to look at messages from one person but it will sit there and say 'loading' for dang near forever. I'm lucky if they load up at all. It doesn't seem like there is anything wrong with my phone, so what is it then? It will be like that for nearly a whole day. No amount of restarting or anything will fix it.

Also, it would appear that when I try to delete messages when its messed up, it actually gets even more broken then before. The messages do not delete at all and usually make the messages from that person completely un-accessible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Drakuli - Not being able to open or delete text messages  sounds like a very bad time! Since you last posted this, have you been able to delete any threads or open one to view? It's possible that there is corrupt text somewhere in there which is causing this issue. A possible solution that should work for you is to use a third party application to delete the last few texts you received prior to the messaging app reacting this way. Once deleted, go back to the stock app and see if you can access it with no problem!

Let us know how it goes, as we'd like to help out further if needed!

Thank you Drakuli, and take care.

NicandroN_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes