Rezound snooze fails (or is silent) randomly
Steveeeee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a new HTC Rezound. For the most part, I'm pleased but it seems to have multiple software glitches. The most challenging one is the alarm. When I have used the stock alarm and snooze function sometimes it functions just fine. It will always go off the first time. But frequently once snoozed it will no longer go off. This morning it went off properly, then after one snooze it went off again--I snoozed it once more. Then I looked over ten minutes later and the screen was on showing the "alarm" was going off. But there was no sound. This happens randomly but enough to make it worthless.

I've downloaded another alarm to use from Google play which hasn't had any issues. But it is a shame that the stock alarm would work so poorly. I had thought the ICS update might fix the problem but it did not.

Just curious if anyone else has had the same issue.

Re: Rezound snooze fails (or is silent) randomly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how convenient it is to use the alarm clock feature on your smartphone Steveeeee! I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing with the stock alarm app. I recommend running the device in safe mode to ensure third party apps aren't conflicting with the handset. bit.ly/vDpqOD. Should the difficulties continue, please perform a hard reset. bit.ly/wLmjGs

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
BozChaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, oddly enough I have also encountered this problem. It only happened to me once, though. I just stick to using my traditional plug-in alarm clock.

Steveeeee
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happened again this morning but this time with a third party app. I woke up 30 minutes after my alarm with a notification saying that Alarm Xtrme failed to work. So something is wrong with the clock in this phone. I'm sorry but this is a deal breaker for me. I rely on my phone's alarm clock too much. I'll take it in to Verizon and see what they suggest. I'm willing to do one hard reset but from past experience that rarely fixes the problem. My Droid Inc never once had an alarm problem and i used it every day.

Thanks for the help but this has to be fixed.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I'm curious if you may be using a task killer, possibly killing off the clock unintentionally? Make sure, if you do the factory reset, you wait to re-install apps, to make sure another one isn't interfering. If you can't get it figured out, I'm sure they will gladly exchange it for you. I have had zero issues with the alarm on my Rezound, so it's not a universal problem.

0 Likes
Steveeeee
Enthusiast - Level 2

No task killer and no unusual apps. In fact, it failed for the first time within a couple of days of getting the phone with just the minimum apps installed. It is possible that something is interfering but I have no idea how to figure it out and it is too intermittent to simply test in safe mode.

But thanks for the feedback. That's good to know. I will check with the VZW store hopefully today and see what they suggest.

0 Likes
Steveeeee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Aaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!

After multiple fails I finally took the phone back to Verizon and got a replacement. Yesterday I received it and went through several hours getting it setup. Surely a new phone with factory reset would work. FIRST morning alarm went off as set at 8:00 am. Hit the side bar button to snooze it for ten minutes. Sat up and waited. Sure enough at 8:12 I picked up the phone and it said snoozed to 8:10 tap to cancel. Not a sound!!!!!

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT IS GOING ON??? HOW CAN I BE THE ONLY PERSON WITH THIS PROBLEM?

What else can I do?  I'm desperate. I'm going to end up using my deactivated droid incredible as my alarm

FYI, the only tasks that were on this morning in the background were pandora and maps. The only other issue I've seen is a local WIFI connection at home that is spotty and seems to bounce around a lot. Possibly a problem with my router. But how could that throw off the alarm clock. It only seems to fail when connected to power cable.

0 Likes
Drakuli
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't any issues until now. After updating the phone.

I have two alarms and I know the first went off early this morning. I woke up enough snooze it, I can remember that much. But I didn't get anything else until my second alarm and it was nearly noon by then... The second alarm seemed to work just fine. I snoozed it and it came back on 10 minutes later the way it is supposed to. What happened with my first alarm? I know I didn't disable it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steveeeee, I can understand your desperation for your snooze button to work! Can you please try this: drag the ring towards the Snooze option or vice versa to properly snooze the device. Let me know if this works.^SP

0 Likes
optic0n

Havent had a problem yet. I used my alarm on the phone for work today and worked fine.

0 Likes