Rhyme won't receive any text messages
lht_van

Hello,

This started a week ago. I've tried calling Verizon support and did the clearing cache, clearing data, force stopping, rebooting, etc. Didn't work. Then they transferred me to advanced tech support and whatever they did worked for a few hours then went back to not receiving all of my friends' texts. I am using the built in messaging app, no add-ons. I don't think it's discriminating because of my friends' phone brand or service. It will receive some text messages during the day (not all) but it seems to miss every single one that comes late at night. No problems sending texts though. From forums on other android phones, it seems like this is a recurring issue. Is it a software problem?? Not sure what to do any more... Please help.

0 Likes
Rhyme won't receive any text messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you also dial *228, option 1 to reset your connection with the Verizon Wireless network?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Rhyme won't receive any text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@lht.van,

I use text messaging to stay connected with family and friends and would be just as upset as you if it weren't working properly. But don't worry because I'm here to help get this resolved.

Did you try Ann154's suggestion to update the phone? This may help.

You can also try performing a soft reset http://bit.ly/QYh4iF. This will also help refresh the phone settings. Retest and keep me posted.

I'll be more than happy to further assist you.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Rhyme won't receive any text messages
lht_van

Hi,

Thanks for getting back with me so quickly. I ended up calling a Tech

Support member and after we tried a couple of different things (including

resetting the phone with *228) we decided to uninstall my AVG Anti-virus

app. I also uninstalled iHeart radio app which was the last app I

downloaded close to the date when the texts stopped being received. A few

days later, Tech Support followed up with me and it seems everything is

just fine now. So it was likely one of these apps that was the problem.

Thanks for your help in getting this weird situation resolved. I appreciate

you guys at Tech support!

Lily

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes