Ringtones - Unable to Save Attachment.
gqcarrick
0 Likes
Re: Ringtones - Unable to Save Attachment.
bf1

I have this same problem.  Anyone else try to purchase ringtones online and successful install into your Thunderbolt?

0 Likes
dorie4316

Me too.  They come in a message as a slideshow attachment.  I can play it and I get an option to save audio but when I select it says that I can't save an attachment.  $20.00 of ringtones that I can't use.

0 Likes
jgorton123

Why pay for ringtones?  You can set any music saved in your phone as a ringtone.  If you need a certain clip you can download a ringtone creator in the app market.  Just hit menu from the home screen and it will give you the ringtones option.  Choose "new ringtone" and select the song.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
pgb2998

Unfortunately it doesn't help if you've already paid for the ringtones thinking they will work like every other phone and you're sitting on a bunch of attachments you can't do anything with. 

How about Verizon get off their duff and make their delivery channels work for new products BEFORE they put them out to sell. 

0 Likes
bf1

That's great info.  I'm going to try that and see what happens.  I know, I hated the idea of paying $2.99 for something that I only get a snippit of on my phone.

Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm new to the whole smartphone experience (I had a basic phone before):  In your instructions you said we can make ringtones out of music already on our phone.  Is there a way to get music for free onto our phone?  Just thought I'd put it out there.....

0 Likes
jodigirl116

I just bought a ringtone and I can't save the attachment.

0 Likes
demoiselle16

I'm having the same issue. I wish there was a fix for it!!!!! Why would you let me buy a ringtone, if it's not going to work?!

0 Likes
CJREYES666
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

I found it very easy the other day to download the " droooid " ringtone to my t-bolt by looking it up with a goolge search. Found the mp3 on crackberry ( funny place to find it ) downloaded to my pc then transfered it to the notifications folder on my SD card. It was free and worked flawlessly. 

0 Likes