Re: Seriously Verizon, no FM radio on the HTC one
ronaldravin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, in addition to data charges, another counter to the point about streaming radio via the internet, is that I do occasionally find myself in a place with very poor or no data service, like due to camping out or driving in the middle of nowhere, where FM radio would still work and be nice to have.

ronaldravin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, sorry for so many replies but it won't let me edit my other posts, even in populated areas there are still dead spots in data coverage due to hills/mountains/tall buildings/transmitter maintenance/too many people on the cell because it's new years eve in times square/cell deliberately disabled because of terrorism risk/etc where FM would work.

Message was edited by: Paul

>>Personal information removed to comply with <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
scarshapedstar
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks, missed that. Glad they've confirmed it's a software issue. Hope springs eternal... now I just need to return this generator

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That thread has absolutely nothing to do with the FM tuner, and they gave an answer that fits exactly with their public stance on that issue.  I'm telling you, there is nobody who is on this site who has ANY information on if/when/can the FM tuner be enabled on this device. 

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Actually, they did not confirm it is a software issue, it was merely stated that they don't have any information on if there is an update to enable this.  The reps on this site don't have any more information than what you can find through Google (sometimes less).

0 Likes
scarshapedstar
Contributor - Level 1

"I understand the importance of being able to use all features that come with your phone."

Considering that the FM tuner is just one feature of a larger and fairly important chip - and that's all I'll say from previous experiences here - this quote says it all for me. But go ahead and try to convince me that Verizon demanded that HTC make a significant design change to physically remove a minor component that can be (and has been) reversibly disabled with a firmware flag...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It's numbing when things are supposed to be part of something and in the long run it gets Dumped or is moved to the back of the stove Demmo I understand that part of it). 

>Comment deleted as it is irrelevant to the lack of a HTCOne FM radio. Please remain on topic<

But hopefully something will break with this soon and maybe folks that have this Great Phone can be able to enjoy this feature.. b33 

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I wasn't trying to convince you of anything, I was merely stating that the rep did not confirm anything.  You have already apparently already come to your own conclusion on this matter (which is funny considering you posted in a thread on another site where the OP has come to the conclusion that it is more than likely disabled at the hardware level).  My point here is that, no, it does not work (which also means it is not a feature that CAME with the phone), and no, you will not get any information around here about why, when it may be enabled, or if it even can be enabled.  So Verizon disabled the FM tuner?  I can see why some people may be upset about that but, if it was that big a deal to you, you should have done the research before buying the device.  Also, I'm starting to get the sense that Verizon disables FM tuners quite a bit.  If you need the tuner, it looks like you have to go to a different carrier.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Demmo are they offering the tuner on At&t ? maybe I haven't looked into it I was just wondering..

0 Likes
scarshapedstar
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon's behavior here is unfriendly to the customer and unjustifiable, and also probably harmful to the image of HTC, a company I like a great deal. I can't think of a good reason not to complain about this. I'm sure I'll be told that nobody's listening anyway, but if that's the case there's no particular reason for Verizon to host forums.

>>Comments removed for discussion of moderation.  Please send a Direct Message to moderator or admin_moderator   if you have concerns about moderation.<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes