Slow charge/battery drain while on AC power
ShaggyG721

As anybody here knows, the thunderbolt isn't exactly a champion when it comes to battery life, however I've been able to use this phone without any inconvenience by keeping a charger with me most places I go.  Unfortunately, for the past few days I have noticed that this isn't enough to keep up anymore.  While plugged in, the phone continues to lose power if I use it at all (any combination of having the screen on, wifi on, or mobile data on), the battery continues to slowly drain. 

I can charge the phone while it's off or by disabling almost everything on it however this is very inconvenient.  This is all taking place using the OEM charger though I have tested other chargers to see if there is any improvement (there isn't). 

The other day I factory reset the device hoping that this would help however I'm continuing to have the same problems.  I installed the 'Current Widget' app this morning and it's reading only ~70mA (average) while charging on AC power.. Has anybody else come across this same issue?  Hopefully there is a resolution out there..

0 Likes
Re: Slow charge/battery drain while on AC power
paulhonch

I have been having the exact same problem.  I purchased the Thunderbolt as right when it came out a year and a half ago (so of course it’s out of warranty) and it has worked fine up until 2 weeks ago where my battery that came with the device would not hold a charge for longer than an hour.  Figuring the device is a year and a half old I purchased a new battery, but I am still having problems with it holding a charge.  I will have a full battery then it will die and go into power save mode, I can restart the phone and it shows a full battery for an hour or so and then it will die again.  If I plug the phone into a charger it only seems to hurt the battery life vs. help it.  I decided to call Verizon who hadn’t heard of any other cases and
connected me with HTC who advised me to do a factory reset.  Same problem still exists.  If you hear of any resolutions to this problem let me know.

0 Likes
Re: Slow charge/battery drain while on AC power
hazelmarie

I thought it was just me! My phone for about 2 weeks now has not been keeping a charge. If i am on the phone talking or trying to check my emails on the phone even though I have the phone on the charger it will still go dead. I have a new battery but the phone still goes dead, I purchased a new charger but the phone still goes dead and the charge is very slow. I will but the phone on the charger at 10:00pm get up around 7:00am and the phone will still be charging and have a long way to go before it finish charging. Once the phone has finish charging in no time the battery is dead again. I am starting to really dislike this phone something serious.

0 Likes