Software Update & HTC Sync Troubles
jen_wonderland

Every time i go to try and check if the software needs to be updates, it just says server unavailable.

Does anyone else have this problem or is there something wrong with my phone.

And I can not seem to get it to sync with HTC Sync? is it because it is a Verizon phone? Because my friend has an HTC with ATT and it works just find with the HTC sync on the computer.

0 Likes
Re: Software Update & HTC Sync Troubles
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to check for software updates jen.wonderland! Are you receiving this error message when trying to complete any other data related tasks such as launching your browser or accessing apps?

How often are you power cycling your device? We recommend once a day to allow it to refresh with the network.

If you are still receiving the error, please try running the device in safe mode to test the behavior.

http://bit.ly/yAHjEJ

I trust this information was helpful.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
violinali

What is power cycling and how does one do it?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Power cycling = reboot the phone

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
violinali

Thanks, realized that like an idiot a few hours later. ANYWAY, nothing any of the VZW reps are telling you will work. I figured this out, and it works.

1. Go here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/800567#800567 to download the new Google Play.apk to your phone. (this will replace Android Market)

2. Get that downloaded, and working on your phone (my icon still hasn't been replaced with the new icon but it didn't matter)

3. Go to Software Update and try again.

4. Boom! It should work!

This worked for me. I hope it works for you!

0 Likes